A350-1000 and other Fleet News

Subscribe
30  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  50  90  140 
Page 40 of 299
Go to
Quote: If there’s one thing I’m confident about it’s our networks ability to match the plane to a route for max yield. Hauenstein is a genius, I think he goes under the radar as a major architect of what’s made us the big bucks. We will miss him when he eventually retires.
I agree completely! GH has done a TON for our network, particularly our international network. When he came over from Continental, we started flying to a lot of places no other US airline flew to, until AA and UA started flying to those places too, and there weren’t enough pax to support multiple airlines…I’m looking at you, Budapest. But there were more.
Quote: I agree completely! GH has done a TON for our network, particularly our international network. When he came over from Continental, we started flying to a lot of places no other US airline flew to, until AA and UA started flying to those places too, and there weren’t enough pax to support multiple airlines…I’m looking at you, Budapest. But there were more.
I’m hoping Glen has one more grand plan before retirement, and that’s getting us a good chunk more 330/351s and building a nice hefty intl network beyond what we currently have.

Come on guys, give him some more toys to play with!
Quote: ...getting us a good chunk more 330/351s and building a nice hefty intl network beyond what we currently have.
Yes, this. All day. Every day.
Quote: I agree completely! GH has done a TON for our network, particularly our international network. When he came over from Continental, we started flying to a lot of places no other US airline flew to, until AA and UA started flying to those places too, and there weren’t enough pax to support multiple airlines…I’m looking at you, Budapest. But there were more.
BUD, OTP, KBP, CAI, AMM, BOM, Lyon, numerous seasonal sun destinations in Spain and Italy..
Quote: I’ll never understand Virgin flying 330/340/350/74/78 at the same time. 5 types for like a dozen planes.
laughs in 763/764/330/350/777
Quote: Airlines did some weird things in the past. As if Management had no business sense. 777s to MCO. 765s flew domestic only etc etc
No, the 764 flew domestic. We have a 765 category because 764 was the original category and was domestic so using current category instead of aircraft type is twice the inaccuracy.
Quote: No, the 764 flew domestic. We have a 765 category because 764 was the original category and was domestic so using current category instead of aircraft type is twice the inaccuracy.
Can we just call it a 764 now??? And 73N --> 737
Quote: Can we just call it a 764 now??? And 73N --> 737
Do you want our IT to completely melt down?!?
Quote: Do you want our IT to completely melt down?!?
LOL duly noted...
Quote: Can we just call it a 764 now??? And 73N --> 737
I remember we used to call the 764/5 the 400 for simplicity. Then we merged with Northwest, and their 400 was the 747-400, so the Northwest pilots used to refer to the 767-400 as the 2 by 4, so as not to confuse it with the whale….the true “400”. The first time I heard that I was confused until it was explained. Pretty funny, I thought.
30  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  50  90  140 
Page 40 of 299
Go to