Comair new hires

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 15 of 16
Go to
Off Topic
Hey Guys,

I'm most likely going to be done with IOE this week. I ws wondering if there is any way to let scheduling fly you ALOT? I'd rather fly then sit and wait since I have to commute.

Any thoughts?

The Chow
Quote: Hey Guys,

I'm most likely going to be done with IOE this week. I ws wondering if there is any way to let scheduling fly you ALOT? I'd rather fly then sit and wait since I have to commute.

Any thoughts?

The Chow

I think everyone commutes............except a few of us.....you could bid to fly next month.?!?
Quote: Hey Guys,

Any thoughts?

The Chow
I think that will happen all by itself. Just wait.
Probably going to get some flying at JFK this month. THe bids just came out and there is an improvement is the trip construction. However I talked to some guys a couple days ago and they haven't been flying much while they sit on reserve. You will fly a lot for your first 100 hours though.

You will like JFK it is a lot of fun.
[quote=PokerPro;207852][quote=skyknight;207326] It isn't so much the grass is greener as my belief that my grass is turning brown. I was one of the 70 some odd people who had an upgrade that was pushed back then outright cancelled. I didn't start looking at any other grass until then.
Quote:

I was one of the lucky guys that only had about 20 minutes left of the second week of g/s when they cancelled it. Also, they (Crew services and D/O) came in the day before and said there was nothing to worry about.

go figure......
Well you know the old saying.....
How can you tell when management is lying? Their lips are moving.
When I first got done with IOE, they didn't seem to use me at all..except for a few ready reserves days where I didn't fly. Then they started bombarding me with trips. I turned in my log sheet a week and a half ago indicating I received 100 hours hoping they wouldn't use me quite as much, but I've still been flying each of my reserve days.
JFK Reservce Time
Do you guys know how long the average FO has been sitting on reserve?

The Chow
If you stay in JFK you will get off reserve faster than if you transfer to CVG, but I don't know what the exact times are. With the base consolidation happening, I'm not sure any times I give you will be accurate anyway.
Judging my the amount of people below me transferring to CVG 10/1 and 11/1 and ALL the people moving in AHEAD of me from MCO, I am expecting to be on reserve for a very long time, look at the transfer schedule, thats a lot of new people with pretty high senority......... anyone know if hiring has picked up?
According to the September bid packet, hiring will pick up in the Fall again "due to more productive CR9 flying, attrition backfill, and a new spring up-tick in utilization." My guess is mostly attrition as it seems more and more people are leaving to other companies now that the majors are starting to hire.
5  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 15 of 16
Go to