ALPA: Pilot Supply Now Stronger Than Demand

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
https://simpleflying.com/united-stat...r-than-demand/
Saw an ad online from JetBlue encouraging general aviation pilots with 1,500 TT to apply.
Wonder what regional will be the first to reduce pay rates back towards something normal for a regional?
I support ALPA and the message here that pay is what will keep pilots in seats (and personally I believe seniority numbers is the only thing at the regional level in this hiring environment but besides the point) but, the truth is this number issued is pretty close to the status quo for the last 5 years and even less than some of those years past. Our numbers are skewed by foreign pilots who will return home, as well as those that fly under a commercial certificate personally for insurance benefits, and not to mention those who will fly professionally but under 91 or 135.
Quote: I support ALPA and the message here that pay is what will keep pilots in seats (and personally I believe seniority numbers is the only thing at the regional level in this hiring environment but besides the point) but, the truth is this number issued is pretty close to the status quo for the last 5 years and even less than some of those years past. Our numbers are skewed by foreign pilots who will return home, as well as those that fly under a commercial certificate personally for insurance benefits, and not to mention those who will fly professionally but under 91 or 135.
This is true. Once the music stops and hiring slows/stops - which it will - and visas are no longer being issued a lot of guys will have to head home again and will thin the numbers at a bunch of regionals and ULCCs.
Quote: Wonder what regional will be the first to reduce pay rates back towards something normal for a regional?
The first one which needs to take concessions to keep "their" flying.

You'll know the glory days are over when somebody starts up a new regional to come in and undercut the old ones. Seen this movie before
Quote: The first one which needs to take concessions to keep "their" flying.

You'll know the glory days are over when somebody starts up a new regional to come in and undercut the old ones. Seen this movie before
Hulas will set one up from his retirement home, mark my words.
Who knew you could undercut silver?
Do the retirement ATPs automatically covert back to a CAX?

If so their numbers are going to be inflated with retirees that are not going to work.
Quote: Do the retirement ATPs automatically covert back to a CAX?

If so their numbers are going to be inflated with retirees that are not going to work.
No. . The pilot certification level does not change as it has no upper age limit. They simply can’t fly under part 121 but can under 91 & 135 rules.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to