Shaving on the road

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
Has anyone found a good substitute for a safety razor for life on the road? I’m done with the muti-blade razors/disposal razors but obviously can’t bring a safety razor through security.
I use old school cartidge twin-blade razors (yes you can still get them online). Cheap single/twin disposables are too irritating.
I go with a Panasonic electric razor. The first 2 weeks of shaving with it are a bit to get used to, but if you can get past that, it’s amazing and just as close as a razor shave. I prefer to do it dry, but it can do a wet shave with cream if you prefer.
Quote: Has anyone found a good substitute for a safety razor for life on the road? I’m done with the muti-blade razors/disposal razors but obviously can’t bring a safety razor through security.
Why are you against a Mach-whatever? Cost?

If so, I come from a very humble background, and have learned that properly drying your blade between uses extends the life hugely. If you only use it on the road for 7 or 8 nights a month one blade can last forever.
Quote: Why are you against a Mach-whatever? Cost?

If so, I come from a very humble background, and have learned that properly drying your blade between uses extends the life hugely. If you only use it on the road for 7 or 8 nights a month one blade can last forever.
Thick facial hair……the Gillette Mach 3 rips up my face after 3 or 4 days on the road.
I really like my Harry’s. Ymmd.
Quote: I really like my Harry’s. Ymmd.
I did ..but before their attempted merger/sale of themselves a couple years ago, their product went downhill....
That and when they switched to stainless steel (yes, you can put them away wet now, but...) Significantly shortened blade life and resulted in them being about the same as everybody else's products.
Quote: I go with a Panasonic electric razor. The first 2 weeks of shaving with it are a bit to get used to, but if you can get past that, it’s amazing and just as close as a razor shave. I prefer to do it dry, but it can do a wet shave with cream if you prefer.
It’s been a long time since I’ve used an electric, but the trimmed hair got all over the place every time I used it. Any issues with that?
Quote: Has anyone found a good substitute for a safety razor for life on the road? I’m done with the muti-blade razors/disposal razors but obviously can’t bring a safety razor through security.
I use the ManScaped shaver. Pretty gentle for down there.

https://www.manscaped.com/?utm_sourc...BoCi8UQAvD_BwE
Phillips norelco oneblade, highly recommend.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to