List of things to get you fired:

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
1. Lying
2. Stealing
3. Bringing a weapon to work
4. Considering going to another airline without even putting in your two weeks’ notice yet
How dare anyone even think of leaving the best job in the industry!
Was this person on probation?
Quote: Was this person on probation?
Does it matter?
Quote: Does it matter?
No, it doesn’t. I was only curious.
Quote: Does it matter?
Yes, it does matter. Because if he’s still on probation he has an at will employee and has no protections. If he’s off probation, he has recourse. The fact that the company fired him for looking for a job elsewhere, is not a good look and will back fire on them. Assuming that’s what happened.
Quote: Yes, it does matter. Because if he’s still on probation he has an at will employee and has no protections. If he’s off probation, he has recourse. The fact that the company fired him for looking for a job elsewhere, is not a good look and will back fire on them. Assuming that’s what happened.

Then it doesn’t matter.
Quote: Yes, it does matter. Because if he’s still on probation he has an at will employee and has no protections. If he’s off probation, he has recourse. The fact that the company fired him for looking for a job elsewhere, is not a good look and will back fire on them. Assuming that’s what happened.
It matters insofar as recourse, but not as a model in how biz should be conducted.

Re: recourse, I personally wouldn’t pursue it, especially if other options were on the table.
Quote: How dare anyone even think of leaving the best job in the industry!
The amount of times I heard, "Welcome to the greatest job in aviation!" out of the gate was concerning. I asked myself, they can't all really believe we're that much better can they? Well yes, yes we can...
Quote: The amount of times I heard, "Welcome to the greatest job in aviation!" out of the gate was concerning. I asked myself, they can't all really believe we're that much better can they? Well yes, yes we can...
Funny thing is… that always came from 30+ year people (in their 50s). Not many people hired in the last decade or so will see 30 years. Not me. Hopefully we have enough numbers now to fight this battle. I don’t want to wait another seven or so years. And if this is your first fight… please ask your fellow pilots and not your mentor how this works.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to