Another pilot shot in MEM

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 10
Go to
Quote: 11. Only airline to require a detailed doctors (list symptoms/treatment/whatever they ask for) note to see if management agrees it is worth using your sick time for. If they don’t, then no pay for you. Every doctor I have requested this from looks at me like I’m asking them to remove my liver.
Does the company still use the sick matrix that they swore they don't use? As in, if you call out sick too much then you have to go to the principles office and explain yourself with a doctor's note?
Quote: 11. Only airline to require a detailed doctors (list symptoms/treatment/whatever they ask for) note to see if management agrees it is worth using your sick time for. If they don’t, then no pay for you. Every doctor I have requested this from looks at me like I’m asking them to remove my liver.
wait till you go sick for a funeral. I had to prove i was there so I turned in the funeral home program bulletin showing my family member had actually died. Reminded me of George from Seinfeld…. I should of produced a polaroid next to casket instead.
Quote: I don’t mind it. You can be happy to be here and also understand that it should and can be better.
Exactly. I love being here. I don’t want to be anywhere else. Doesn’t mean I can’t be frustrated that the company doesn’t want to do right by us.
Quote: Hahaha it’s just like any other woke democratic city!! Never mind the fact it’s top 3 ranked for crime..

I wouldn’t call Memphis woke anyways, but hey it’s better than being on a boat in the middle of the pacific right? ??
I wouldn't take the better than on a boat in the middle of the pacific. Ask Dave Broyles, after retirement he took his boat around the world.
Quote: Now even if you commute to Memphis in order to avoid having to live there, you still run the risk of getting shot while you sleep in your crashpad. Great.

Wish them a speedy recovery.
Actually locals would never buy a house in that area of town to save a buck meaning commuters are making their lives more dangerous by getting crash pads there. It'd be pretty shocking to see a drive by at a FedEx pilot's house in "Memphis"...
Quote: Actually locals would never buy a house in that area of town to save a buck meaning commuters are making their lives more dangerous by getting crash pads there. It'd be pretty shocking to see a drive by at a FedEx pilot's house in "Memphis"...
This x 1000. We as pilots did this person a disservice if we didn't tell him/her that wasn't a safe area. I've had crashpads in multiple bases in my career, and you don't have to be a local to know what areas to stay away from.
Quote: This x 1000. We as pilots did this person a disservice if we didn't tell him/her that wasn't a safe area. I've had crashpads in multiple bases in my career, and you don't have to be a local to know what areas to stay away from.
They need to talk about this on day 2 of Indoc... Maybe day one and spell it out where NOT to go. Memphis is a great place to live and hang out but like any other major city there are areas you should avoid. The fact that they got a crashpad there is insane. My crashpad for my first 9 months was in Cordova off of Canada Road. It was only $250 a month in 2018. It's probably $300 or $350 now.

FedEx crashpads on facebook is worth getting a burner Facebook account just to get on there and find a crashpad. If you go get a crashpad near Orange Mound it's like getting a crashpad near Compton in LA. That's not because Memphis is a terrible place, it's because you didn't do your homework.
Quote: If you go get a crashpad near Orange Mound it's like getting a crashpad near Compton in LA. That's not because Memphis is a terrible place, it's because you didn't do your homework.
Actually it's both.
13. Was this a Teamsters vs ALPA thing?

Quote: That's not because Memphis is a terrible place, it's because you didn't do your homework.
It’s not Compton or Detroit or Memphis. It’s us.
https://youtu.be/sxLtXJzo3Ew
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 10
Go to