MIA base

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 14
Go to
Quote: By “all 4 metals” do you mean different airplanes?
Correct. MIA we have the 737/320/777/787 all in Miami.
Quote: I did not know MCO was only a 737, i wanted United because of the wide body fleet and hearing that new pilots are getting 757/767. Thank you for the information I appreciate it!
For now it’s 737 only. Will it grow? Possibly. Not sure what will happen can’t predict anything in this business. If your goal is to fly WB as fast as possible UA might be still better bet for you. But you’ll have to commute unless you’re willing to move to one of their coast bases.
Quote:
not sure about either. LGA 737 Capt is reportedly 2 to 2.5 from new hire

wide body FO, not sure. 4-ish years?

Rule: work for the major in/near the city you live in

period, the end
You always hear about these crazy low upgade times in some NE city, and good for them, but what about in a more desirable base like MIA?

Junior widebody FO? Narrowbody CA? Widebody CA?

Thanks in advance. I'm in the left seat of a South Florida ULCC doing mostly day turns as a line holder and making over $300k/year with ease, but curious as to AA life in MIA and only MIA.

I can make due with a paycut for the first year but beyond that I need to be clearing 250k-275k minimum to meet my investment goals.
Quote:
I can make due with a paycut for the first year but beyond that I need to be clearing 250k-275k minimum to meet my investment goals.
Not going to happen here.
Quote: You always hear about these crazy low upgade times in some NE city, and good for them, but what about in a more desirable base like MIA?

Junior widebody FO? Narrowbody CA? Widebody CA?

Thanks in advance. I'm in the left seat of a South Florida ULCC doing mostly day turns as a line holder and making over $300k/year with ease, but curious as to AA life in MIA and only MIA.

You won’t make 250-275 second year..
Quote: You won’t make 250-275 second year..
How long would it take to see 300k in MIA?
Quote: How long would it take to see 300k in MIA?
Not sure. MIA CA is about 3 years now. So at current rates that’s about 240K on reserve guarantee. If contract happens that will easily be 300K. Upgrades will probably come down to 2-2.5 years. So can be 2-3 years with a new contract rates.
Quote: Not sure. MIA CA is about 3 years now. So at current rates that’s about 240K on reserve guarantee. If contract happens that will easily be 300K. Upgrades will probably come down to 2-2.5 years. So can be 2-3 years with a new contract rates.
Thanks
Filler
Quote: How long would it take to see 300k in MIA?
I know several NB FOs in MIA who were in the $300k ballpark in year 4-5ish. Under the current contract. You’d have to hustle and live local but it’s doable.
Quote: You won’t make 250-275 second year..

what can you expect year 2? Say on SC and picking up some OG every now and then.
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 14
Go to