Goodbye "Pilot cups"

Subscribe
19  25  26  27  28  29 
Page 29 of 29
Go to
Quote: Japan tried to do exactly that not long ago. Google Mitsubishi airliner. It didn't go well.
That was an interesting thing to Google. Never even heard of the SpaceJet.

Wikipedia (a solid source, indeed) suggests the plane itself was more or less on track but there were litigation headaches with Bombardier.
Quote: That was an interesting thing to Google. Never even heard of the SpaceJet.

Wikipedia (a solid source, indeed) suggests the plane itself was more or less on track but there were litigation headaches with Bombardier.
The MRJ was dead on arrival because Mitsubishi gambled on scope changes, and they lost. There was no path to a sub 86k lb model with the airframe and engine combination.
I predict an increasing trend of lost expensive cup posts on Facebook.
Quote: The MRJ was dead on arrival because Mitsubishi gambled on scope changes, and they lost. There was no path to a sub 86k lb model with the airframe and engine combination.
Everything I’ve heard online from engineers who dug into it, the jet was “uncertifiable”. MHI made some major revisions in 2017-19 era and I think ultimately bit off more than they could chew. Bombardier aside, it wouldn’t have gone anywhere.
Quote: Everything I’ve heard online from engineers who dug into it, the jet was “uncertifiable”. MHI made some major revisions in 2017-19 era and I think ultimately bit off more than they could chew. Bombardier aside, it wouldn’t have gone anywhere.
You're out to lunch. Trans States is set to be the launch customer, you'll see!
19  25  26  27  28  29 
Page 29 of 29
Go to