How low will we go

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 12
Go to
So next month we should be under 3400 on the seniority list. Seems we are still pretty over staffed. What’s everyone’s guess on the number before hiring resumes? Im thinking we could shed another 200. Any guesses or insights?
Quote: So next month we should be under 3400 on the seniority list. Seems we are still pretty over staffed. What’s everyone’s guess on the number before hiring resumes? Im thinking we could shed another 200. Any guesses or insights?
Guess..0 insight. I’ll take the under
Quote: So next month we should be under 3400 on the seniority list. Seems we are still pretty over staffed. What’s everyone’s guess on the number before hiring resumes? Im thinking we could shed another 200. Any guesses or insights?
Per the horse’s mouth, we hire for peak, not the highs and lows throughout the year. There’s retirements that continue to exceed the mandatory and new planes arriving which offset the stated Md retirements. Best guess: we stay above 3300 with trickle hiring resuming sometime in 2024.
We will not hire until RDG and short term leave awards ends. As long as that continues, there will be no hiring.
Quote: We will not hire until RDG and short term leave awards ends. As long as that continues, there will be no hiring.
I agree. Watch to see if RDG is being awarded. Once that dries up, tell your friends who are interested to tighten up their resumes and do their interview prep because the window will open soon. My guess is a system bid in December or January to account for MD shrinking and 76 growth, with hiring window opening around the same time for classes starting in March. I’m willing to bet a whole nickel on that.
Quote: Per the horse’s mouth, we hire for peak, not the highs and lows throughout the year. There’s retirements that continue to exceed the mandatory and new planes arriving which offset the stated Md retirements. Best guess: we stay above 3300 with trickle hiring resuming sometime in 2024.
do you think we will see any upgrades in the system bid this year?
Quote: do you think we will see any upgrades in the system bid this year?
To cover retirements, yes
Quote: To cover retirements, yes
my guess is a realignment bid/displacement bid this winter. I don’t see a vacancy bid for awhile.
Quote: my guess is a realignment bid/displacement bid this winter. I don’t see a vacancy bid for awhile.
Agree, let the summer "events" run their course and there will be quite a few 94 hires hitting their 30 and giving notice for the new year.
Another VLOA/RDG
Just posted, next bid period we’ll continue with the reduced guarantee lines and voluntary incentivized leaves of absence..so yeah, I’m new here but I don’t think we’d hire in this environment currently..maybe a realignment bid to replace the retired captains?
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 12
Go to