Crj-200 Stall Characteristics

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Good points.

We 'stall' the airplane every day when we land. Speed is the key. There's a real sweet spot with the CRJ (the 200 more so than 700/900). If you're above ref you'll float down the runway. If you're less than 10 below ref, the airplane stops flying and you'll do a three point landing. There is not much of a margin between ref and stall, especially in strong gusty crosswinds.
Quote: Good points.

We 'stall' the airplane every day when we land. Speed is the key. There's a real sweet spot with the CRJ (the 200 more so than 700/900). If you're above ref you'll float down the runway. If you're less than 10 below ref, the airplane stops flying and you'll do a three point landing. There is not much of a margin between ref and stall, especially in strong gusty crosswinds.
Trust me... if you ever do a full stall landing in the CRJ, you'll know it. You aren't stalling the CRJ when you land- in fact, even 10 knots below ref, you probably have another 10 knots before you even get into the area where AOA becomes an issue. You might reduce lift to a point where it's no longer able to maintain a standard descent rate, but you aren't stalling.
Quote: If you're less than 10 below ref, the airplane stops flying and you'll do a three point landing.
No, the 3 point landings in the CRJ come from to much speed, not to little. Pull the power off at 100' instead of 50'.
Quote: No, the 3 point landings in the CRJ come from to much speed, not to little. Pull the power off at 100' instead of 50'.
3 point landings come from poor technique. I have landed a CRJ at both ref +10 and ref-10, in proper attitude. Many variables come into play, including thrust, where you go to idle, temperature, weight, flare technique, winds, etc.
I didin't mean full stall. Anyone who has tried to hold it off too long knows what I mean. In the flare the airplane settles; lose too much speed and it plops.`

Nose wheel landings come from too much speed.
Nice thread . . .
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to