YS "If needed to fly" ???!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: Not being able to explain it isn't top cover. Submit a pay request via the Pilot assist app.
Is this something I might get extra for (finding an incorrect assignment??) or should someone else get extra? TIA
Quote: Not being able to explain it isn't top cover. Submit a pay request via the Pilot assist app.
Why would he submit a pay request? They swapped the trips for him. They just couldn't explain how the original error happened.
Quote: Why would he submit a pay request? They swapped the trips for him. They just couldn't explain how the original error happened.

Oops. Sorry. I missed where they swapped it for him.

In that case, no pay is due. They fixed it.
Quote: Oops. Sorry. I missed where they swapped it for him.

In that case, no pay is due. They fixed it.
Rats! I was hoping...
Quote: Rats! I was hoping...
For the future, I've never waited until it was too late to change it and gotten the pay. Not once.
Quote: Did you ever call to get it straightened out?
I called to ask what happened and got several nonsensical responses. I didn't push to get out of or into a particular trip because it wasn't worth the effort to get a supervisor to call me back ... at some point. And I didn't have the particulars of how the assignments should have been made. The responses I got were either that's not how the function works, or the computer said you were next, or some other BS. Basicaly I was too lazy and knew I'd be flying something anyway and didn't really care to persue it close to report with the CP or Sup. I learned the lesson that hassle factor outweighs MCO vs TPA layover etc.
Quote: ... I learned the lesson that hassle factor outweighs MCO vs TPA layover etc.
This^^^^^, 99% of the time for me as well.

This time, however, it also affected show-time and options to get home early (DDH options). This was the 1%

DART submitted. Do you guys think an ACE inquiry would help since there's no pay/assignment issue any more?
Quote: This^^^^^, 99% of the time for me as well.

This time, however, it also affected show-time and options to get home early (DDH options). This was the 1%

DART submitted. Do you guys think an ACE inquiry would help since there's no pay/assignment issue any more?
I’ve had this happen multiple times.

Always requires a call to get it straightened out. 99% sure there is no automation in place to handle these and they only get looked at if you call and squawk.
Were all three trips open then covered at the same time?

The "if needed" YS is only looked at when the pilot has been identified to fly (i.e., you're getting SOME trip), there are one or more additional pilots also identified to fly, and there's multiple trips to be covered.

If (for example) the junior pilot got tagged to fly his trip before you, THEN the JFK trip hit OT and was covered as the only trip in that bucket... then you get it, and the "if needed" doesn't come into play. In other words, your YS can't force the senior guy to fly if he's not already tagged to fly one of multiple rotations. On the other hand, if the JFK was the only trip to be covered when it got sent out, it would go to the junior pilot (since your YS was "if needed"--and, with only one trip to cover, you weren't needed). Then the next trip comes out, you're first in line, and TAG!, you're it....
Quote: Has anyone successfully used this function?

Scenario: a couple of trips in open time last night that I knew, based on RES availability, would need to go out as GS or be broken up. RES coverage is good for the broken trips and I'm in the bulseye for a broken trip. Since they haven't actually broken the trips up yet, I can't 'avoid pairing number' as a YS.

I put in a YS 'Preference Qualifiers To Be Used Only If Needed To Fly' with the specific layover requests of 'NO LAYOVERS IN: JFK LGA EWR' as well as 'MUST LAYOVER IN AT LEAST ONE: AMS'

Low-and-behold, I check daily trip coverage after the run this morning and I'm assigned the ONE trip that lays over in JFK! One Sr. pilot and one Jr. got the AMS trips that would have avoided the JFK layover. WTF, over??

Needless to say, I called CS and explained the situation. They ran it up to the supervisor, verified my YS was indeed in there (and very specific) and swapped trips with the Jr pilot. I'm satisfied with the outcome, but, again, WTF??

Does this function even work?
Honestly I don't think they hardly ever look at it. I'm almost 0% effective at them following my short call if needed requests. Very annoying having to call almost every time to have it corrected. I've never been given any pushback but annoying none the less
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to