Nasplane

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 24
Go to
Looks like Ricky Bobby's pit crew forgot to tighten the lug nuts.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/delta-boeing-plane-loses-nose-tire-moments-before-takeoff-rolled-off-the-
runway

Hope for the FO's sake it wasn't something obvious on the walk around.
Quote: Looks like Ricky Bobby's pit crew forgot to tighten the lug nuts.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/delta-boeing-plane-loses-nose-tire-moments-before-takeoff-rolled-off-the-
runway

Hope for the FO's sake it wasn't something obvious on the walk around.
FWIW I often find the PM tasked with the walk around.
Quote: Hope for the FO's sake it wasn't something obvious on the walk around.
Id say about 85% of ATL7ER Captains do the walk around on the FO’s leg. 😉
Quote: Id say about 85% of ATL7ER Captains do the walk around on the FO’s leg. 😉

Lol, recently I was out doing the walkaround and the FO said he had a JSer stop by to say he got a seat in the back. He's said the Captain JSer was genuinely shocked that I was out doing the walkaround. Strange.
6 years sitting sideways on the 727. Nobody did a walk around for me. 11 years right seat on the 88. Same. I will do the WA on the FO's leg IF I want to, which is most of the time.
But when it's 30°F, freezing rain and sleet and blowing 30 knots that's a no.
Rank does have its privileges.
Quote: 6 years sitting sideways on the 727. Nobody did a walk around for me. 11 years right seat on the 88. Same. I will do the WA on the FO's leg IF I want to, which is most of the time.
But when it's 30°F, freezing rain and sleet and blowing 30 knots that's a no.
Rank does have its privileges.
Here we go again. Of course you’re within your privilege to run it that way.

The only time I don’t do the walkaround as PM is when I’m loaded up with something that needs my attention (MX, dispatch issue, whatever). Usually in that case I’ll even it up later in the rotation when it’s my leg if there’s an opportunity (preferably somewhere 70F and sunny.)

I usually need the stretch and find that it’s a nonverbal CRM enhancer - particularly when the wx is unpleasant.

Somebody has to be the CA, but I want my FO’s to otherwise view us as a team getting it done.
Alright, who’s coming to tell the 50/50 joke?
Quote: Alright, who’s coming to tell the 50/50 joke?
There are weather mins for a captain walk around
Nah, 70/30. If it's 70deg and sunny, 30% chance of walkaround.
You mean the one about how, “we will split the walk around 50/50. I got the first half of my career you get the second half.”

Cue comments from angry, senior captains who are jealous of people upgrading earlier in their career than they themselves did, saying, “That joke doesn’t work anymore!!!!”
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 24
Go to