Thanks ACE and Scheduling committee.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to
It took 10 months to get resolved, but I received an email a few days ago after getting to the hotel in DAY that the illegal recovery I was given last May was acknowledged by the company.
Thanks to the plethora of contract violations things were VERY backed up, but Thom at ACE and Mark on the scheduling committee got it done and my FO and I will
each be getting paid along with another crew that should have been awarded the trip.

ALPA and this pilot group fought hard for this contract, but a contract is only as good as the willingness to fight to make sure it's honored.

As an aside if you do find yourself in DAY and are in the mood for a REALLY good steak try the Pine Club. About an 18 minute walk from the Marriot. No reservations and cash only. The bone in rib-eye was excellent.
Next contract we should add interest in. CO delays rightful pay, they get charged interest, say at the prime rate, all paid to the pilot. I'll even be OK with a one week grace period...don't fix it in a week of notification, interest starts accumulating daily. Bet that would stop these long term battles overnight.

Glad you got your issue resolved.
Glad yours worked out and I truly am thankful for the guys who fight for us. A buddy just got a note from an ACE from last summer that said they're at an impasse and can't move forward. I guess it really isn't a violation until the arbitrator says so.
Quote: Glad yours worked out and I truly am thankful for the guys who fight for us. A buddy just got a note from an ACE from last summer that said they're at an impasse and can't move forward. I guess it really isn't a violation until the arbitrator says so.
What was his alleged PWA violation?
Report back when the cash is in hand.
Quote: Next contract we should add interest in. CO delays rightful pay, they get charged interest, say at the prime rate, all paid to the pilot.
I proposed to my rep during negotiations that PB days should be awarded to affected pilots as a punitive measure. The co. probably hates PB days much more than paying interest. To paraphrase Goofellas:
- Late payment? FU, PB day.
- 23.M.7? FU, PB days.
- IAs handed out of juniority? FU, PB days.

A5S
Quote: Report back when the cash is in hand.
Will do. Was told by ALPA 2-3 pay cycles. It's already on my time card for the month it occurred.
Quote: It took 10 months to get resolved, but I received an email a few days ago after getting to the hotel in DAY that the illegal recovery I was given last May was acknowledged by the company.
Thanks to the plethora of contract violations things were VERY backed up, but Thom at ACE and Mark on the scheduling committee got it done and my FO and I will
each be getting paid along with another crew that should have been awarded the trip.

ALPA and this pilot group fought hard for this contract, but a contract is only as good as the willingness to fight to make sure it's honored.

As an aside if you do find yourself in DAY and are in the mood for a REALLY good steak try the Pine Club. About an 18 minute walk from the Marriot. No reservations and cash only. The bone in rib-eye was excellent.
Took them about 18 months to fix mine, but they finally got it straight, and some crew got their pay. Soft time Yea!!!
Quote: Took them about 18 months to fix mine, but they finally got it straight, and some crew got their pay. Soft time Yea!!!
I was looking at some of the WB bid packets the other day and understand more why you have such an axe to grind against soft pay. Consider the fact that although you are making 30h on 4 day trips due to long legs, us NB swine can only dream of approximating that now thanks to soft pay. 9h of soft pay on a 4 day trip also means we got beat up quite a bit in the process with long duty days and/or reroutes, yours are constructed like this.
Quote: Took them about 18 months to fix mine, but they finally got it straight, and some crew got their pay. Soft time Yea!!!
So your violation happened before soft pay was implemented?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to