SJU Base

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
SJU base , Cant wait ! When do you guys this is going to happen ? and how big do you think it will be ? is there a min number of crews that have to be in a base ?
Quote: SJU base , Cant wait ! When do you guys this is going to happen ? and how big do you think it will be ? is there a min number of crews that have to be in a base ?
I’d think 30-50 crews would be the smallest feasible base. Our annual vacancy bid opens at the beginning of August, so maybe it would open some point in 2025. This is all assuming they decide to actually open a SJU base after the survey results are determined.

Back in the olden days we had a SJU base at my previous carrier. There were a number of locals born/raised in PR, as well as lots of junior CA/FOs who were there for the quick upgrades/movement. And of course the local scenery was a big draw as well 👀
Quote: SJU base , Cant wait ! When do you guys this is going to happen ? and how big do you think it will be ? is there a min number of crews that have to be in a base ?
Has this been officially announced for you guys?
Quote: Has this been officially announced for you guys?
No, one of our VPs sent out an email letting us know we would be receiving a base preference survey trying to figure where pilots ultimately want to be. Additionally said we have enough of an operation in SJU to support a base, but it is more difficult to know how many pilots would want to be based there and trying to gauge how many would chose a SJU base if it were offered.
Quote: No, one of our VPs sent out an email to pilots letting us know we would be receiving a base preference survey trying to figure where pilots ultimately want to be. Additionally said we have enough of an operation in SJU to support a base, but it is more difficult to know how many pilots would want to be based there.
As an F9 guy it just piqued my interest. They say we make money hand over fist in SJU, which is why we have so much interest in it. Wouldn't be surprised if that was also true for B6.
Quote: As an F9 guy it just piqued my interest. They say we make money hand over fist in SJU, which is why we have so much interest in it. Wouldn't be surprised if that was also true for B6.
Yeah it has been a “focus city” for a long time for us and there have been rumors of opening a pilot base since we bought the hangar down there. I think F9 opening a base and adding flights will ultimately push JB to make a more serious commitment.
They also said in the latest pocket session that there is more SJU flying to be added. They said it is often the most lucrative focus city and we need to respond to F9’s expansion there.
Quote: They also said in the latest pocket session that there is more SJU flying to be added. They said it is often the most lucrative focus city and we need to respond to F9’s expansion there.
Aren’t we still the largest carrier in SJU? F9 might be getting closer, but Wiki says we still have the most daily departures??

It’s going to be interesting to see base survey results, I think In-Flt makes a lot of sense in SJU, just not sure about pilot numbers??
Quote: Aren’t we still the largest carrier in SJU? F9 might be getting closer, but Wiki says we still have the most daily departures??

It’s going to be interesting to see base survey results, I think In-Flt makes a lot of sense in SJU, just not sure about pilot numbers??
I think frontier now goes to the most places while we have the most seats available. But I’m sure JetBlue isn’t going to just go ok and let sju go. Guess we will see. IMHO I think you will see a few more bases as the company probably wants to get to more out and backs as well as isolate areas when there is an issue. But that would take the union agreeing with it since you need a mix of trips.
Well they let frontier run is over in MCO…may as well let them do it in San Juan. We’ve run away and hid from competition for years.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to