Horizon Hiring

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 15
Go to
I am hoping to make the jump for AE to Horizon. The commute is getting old. I absolutely love the flying and people I fly with but the commute is difficult. I have been on reserve and havenot flown since 8/2. Does anyone know when Horizon will resume hiring and roughly how many people they will hire?? I have heard that a few people have gone from QX to Alaska lately. Thanks and PM me if you like.
The reserve and upgrade situation at Horizon is probably very similar at Eagle. Just a consideration.

There's a recent thread about Horizon hiring a class of 30 rumored to start this fall/winter. And that's probably the first new hire class since January.

Slow (very slow) movement aside, Horizon's a decent company to work for. FO pay is industry leading, but you'll be on it for 6 years.
Horizon is currently hiring for an October 8 (CRJ-700) class. Not sure if it is just for UND students, as Horizon will be up at UND somtime in September to conduct interviews. I've heard rumors that hiring will continue in the fall, though. Horizon sounds like a great company and everyone I know likes it there. I've also heard that there is a 2 year contract in the Dash and a 3 year contract in the RJ. Hope this helps! Good Luck!
Last word is that Horizon might have to forego hiring only at UND since there appears to be a lack of local applicants on campus that meet the hiring minimums that they want.
If you get an interview, put some kind of sticker on your briefcase (inside maybe) that says something to the effect of 'Jesus Rocks!'. Our management is full of religious zealots.
Quote: Last word is that Horizon might have to forego hiring only at UND since there appears to be a lack of local applicants on campus that meet the hiring minimums that they want.
I spoke with UND today and they said they haven't received a single application yet. Still two weeks to go though.
How are the bases configured in regards to seniority?
Quote: I've also heard that there is a 2 year contract in the Dash and a 3 year contract in the RJ. Hope this helps! Good Luck!
Are you talking about a seat lock or a training contract?
Currently QX has two bases. SEA and PDX. Seattle is home to the Q400 and the soon to be phased out Dash-8. Portland is home to all three aircraft (Dash 200/400 and the CRJ 700) Our Den base recently closed but flights will continue to out of PDX to serve Frontier Jet Express for some months to go. As a take it, the class that Horizon is looking to fill will be for the CRJ, which means they will be based in PDX
I think UND gets a lot a last minute apps. since most college folks like to procrastinate. I know mine was turned in at the last minute. Though the fact that they yet to have any apps is interesting.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 15
Go to