Funny Fix Names

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 24
Go to
Quote: So far, I think the one about SKIRT and CLAMM are the best. I laughed my butt off when I heard that one. I also remembered that there is RAPEN, BOOZE, and FLO (VOR) near Jacksonville, NC. You can make a funny sentence out of that one. I'll let ya'll be creative on that one.
........gotta check those plates when i get home......
There is the ELVIS NDB to the west of Memphis International.
I always get a chuckle when check FMS waypoints with my captain and we come across the fix FU (Japan). Well FU too!
Quote: You could call it the SUCKS.1 arrival.

After YANKS proceed direct SUCKS then JETER.BLOWS.BERNIE for the Expressway Visual.

Hey Sharky...you a sox fan? dont u guys have like another 80 something years before you win another world series?
NAKED (alaska) WOMAN (unknown) FUDGE (wisconsin) PACKR (minnesota) BIGAL (pronounced Bi-Gal) BRIAN (texas) KILL (willmar, mn)

I do miss SEXXY CHSTR in ORD...
Quote: Hey Sharky...you a sox fan? dont u guys have like another 80 something years before you win another world series?
You don't gotta be a Sox fan to hate the Yankees. My team just gets to live with the fact that the Rangers set the modern day AL scoring record against them a week ago.
Pease(KPSM) GPS 16
HI,

I was flying with a retired air force pilot couple months back and he mentioned this to me. If you take a look at KPSM, GPS runway 16, you'll see what I mean.

ITAWT ITAWA PUDYE TTATT IDEED
I-TAWT...I-TAW-A...PU-DYE...TTATT...I-DEED

Not clicking? Think about Tweety Bird from Looney Toons
P.S. Not to mention SATAN (IAF) on that same approach.
Today I went direct BULGE
Up around Kingston VOR in NY I heard a pilot ask for direct to Shaff, Peter, or Crank........and the controller told him to go to HIS favorite VOR....HANCOCK..............and they are all within 50 miles or so of each other. Also, the jet airway heading SW out of MEM has Tammi, Fayee, Barff...not sure the spellings are right, but they're close. At least someone has a sense of humor out there.
There is an intersection in Hawaii called SELIC...named after, you guessed it Magnum P.I., himself.
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 24
Go to