Block 7 Rep Nomination Request

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
Quote:
We cannot overemphasize the significance of this upcoming election.
Understatement of the week.
Albie,

I'm in Block 8, LEC 7...so don't think I can vote for you (or write you in)unless I'm totally screwed up. You would have my vote. Good luck....
Quote: As an SO I don't know how all this works, please help.....

Albie,

Let us know when and where to vote. You have my vote if I am able to vote for you.

BTW, who gets to vote for you? Just FOs or SOs too? Just 727 folks?

Thanks,

Gunter
Oh, boy. A knowledgeable union member.
Well...in his defense...for lots of us this is our first rodeo, and our first union. You don't always "get it" the first month, year, or even couple years on the line.

ALPA's bylaws are Byzantine, and the LEC concept isn't readily apparent to some. A little time helps. However, I think our leadership could do a better job explaining to the masses. It all comes down to communication. That doesn't excuse guys for not doing some self study...but I think we can go easy on the new guys.
Albie,
Thnx for putting your name in the hat.
Look forward to having you represent us.
Only question I have is how do I fit "Stuck up Air Force Eagle Driver" in that little space?
Quote: Well...in his defense...for lots of us this is our first rodeo, and our first union. You don't always "get it" the first month, year, or even couple years on the line.

ALPA's bylaws are Byzantine, and the LEC concept isn't readily apparent to some. A little time helps. However, I think our leadership could do a better job explaining to the masses. It all comes down to communication. That doesn't excuse guys for not doing some self study...but I think we can go easy on the new guys.

Of course, Albie, anytime you actually login to the FDX MEC part of the ALPA website, the page heading displays your LEC, Seniority Block, and the union's current on-file e-mail address for you. It's not that Byzantine. Just requires a slight effort on the members part. BTW - Welcome to LEC22. Hopefully Tony will get to stay in the lower 48, and you two can be a new face on our LEC.
While many of us may not be eligible to vote for Aaron...many of us know people that are eligible. E-mail your friends, talk to your crews, etc. Let people know that he is running.

It would be a very nice breath of fresh air to get him in. While I know "campaign" promises are often broken, I believe he really means what he says.

Spread the word.

Albie,

Is it possible to do a direct mail piece to your group? I know this is expensive, but I think we could raise some funds to help out. Your announcement sounds like a campaign, so let's act like it is one! Get the word out!
Albie,
I know that you would do a great job.
You have my vote for any office you run for.
Good luck bro...
I am a block 6 kinda guy, but i would definitely vote for ya!!
Los1
Quote:
Only question I have is how do I fit "Stuck up Air Force Eagle Driver" in that little space?

I think the Eagle and the Bronco kind of cancel each other out....
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to