Best road food

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
Ok with all the serious posts going on, here's one for fun. What is your favorite stuff to pack (food non-perishable) to eat while on overnights?
United's snack-pack crew-meals LoL. I'm always carrying at least one of those salt-boxes!

Other than that, I subsist on trail-mix, chef-boyardee, and at least one McDonald's cheeseburger happy-meal per day (subsitute apple dippers for fries and chocolate milk for soda)! And if I don't like the toy, I give it to some kid on my next leg LoL

Oh yeah and ditto on two later posts: Clif Bars and Sandwiches. I always pack enough food to get me through day 1...after that it's snacking on the plane and a good dinner and beer at night!
Cookies
For me its those Delta biscoti cookies. I love to dip them in my coffee. Not very healthy mind you, but really good.
Quote: to eat while on overnights?
....hmmmmmm
I have the ebag food sack. I go to Target (new target) and in the food section I pack wraps, sandwiches, and some fruit which comes out to be like $15. While one my trip (3-4 days) I use a headache pack which I got at Walmart for like $4 and I keep loading it up with ice from the vending machines at the hotels or from the airplane. If I have a refridge at the overnight..bonus. That food sack stays pretty cool as long as you keep swapin out the ice. I budget about $15 for food/beer to go out once per trip with the crew if I want. Soda/water/snacks all on the plane. So $30 per 4 day trip isn't too shabby. My two cents.
I carry a few clif bars with me. I've recently started carrying a sandwich for the first day and a couple apples as well.

All bets are off if I end up in ORD with enough time to get a gyro in F.
Eating out baby! Every single day. Breakfast lunch and dinner!

I eat my whole per diem check. That is what it is for.
Quote: I budget about $15 for food/beer to go out once per trip with the crew if I want.
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. I hate sitting in hotel rooms eating microwave food. I think that is one of the most enjoyable parts of our job is finding local cuisine and libations.
Gotta agree with G2TT there, Bascuela LoL

I make sure to have a thoroughly fantastic time on my overnights with the crew...buuut, I spend my money wisely!!
whats a cliff bar?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to