Go to
hey flaps 9!!!
Top Tier:
Comair
Express Jet
Skywest
Horizon
Air Wisconsin

Are you kidding me Comair in the top tier!!! Anything owned by Delta is not "Top Tier" They are cutting Comair flights and cutting pilot jobs they are not a top tier airline. Mid tier yes
I would think ASA is top tier, or maybe just top middle tier.
Quote: hey flaps 9!!!
Top Tier:
Comair
Express Jet
Skywest
Horizon
Air Wisconsin

Are you kidding me Comair in the top tier!!! Anything owned by Delta is not "Top Tier" They are cutting Comair flights and cutting pilot jobs they are not a top tier airline. Mid tier yes
I second that...also, their professionalism ain't that great either - just my 2 cents. (not as a line holder, as a paying customer)
Quote: hey flaps 9!!!
Top Tier:
Comair
Express Jet
Skywest
Horizon
Air Wisconsin

I second that...also, their professionalism ain't that great either - just my 2 cents. (not as a line holder, as a paying customer)

D
Quote: Are you kidding me Comair in the top tier!!! Anything owned by Delta is not "Top Tier" They are cutting Comair flights and cutting pilot jobs they are not a top tier airline. Mid tier yes
Until they take concessions, Comair's contract places them at the top of the regional food chain. Of course cuts are just around the corner, but until then, they lead the pack.
Quote: I would think ASA is top tier, or maybe just top middle tier.
I agree! they are not listed in order, just by group as I see it.
There are 3 criteria you should use in selecting the appropriate regional carrier. Surprisingly, they have nothing to do with where their bases are, what the pay is, how much perdiem is, or how many nights you will be home.

Here they are in order:

1) How quickly you can upgrade and get out and get your real job.

2) How quickly you can upgrade and get out and get your real job.

3) How quickly you can upgrade and get out and get your real job.

Hopefully I have made my point. I NEVER thought of going to Mesa in the beginning. I would probably go there knowing what I know today. So will people that have made it. Someday you will have to explain to your child, why you didn't take the fast track to get your final job. There are no contract provisions at the regional level that are significant enough to warrant your consideration, & that could lengthen your time at this level.

Space
Quote:
Here they are in order:

1) How quickly you can upgrade and get out and get your real job.

2) How quickly you can upgrade and get out and get your real job.

3) How quickly you can upgrade and get out and get your real job.
Would that put Colgan in the top tier then?
I would say yes. I interviewed with them, and they said they have an interview guarentee with CAL and people have been leaving Colgan with 3-4yrs 1000+ PIC and going to the 737-800, 757, and even the 767. They seem like they encourage people to move on and go on to bigger and better things. Probably would have been a good job. They are hiring for all Saabs.
Quote: they said they have an interview guarentee with CAL
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You believed them?!?!?!?!?! Were you born yesterday? They say this so that they can lure people into their crappy company.

The 3-4 years with turbine PIC part is correct. However, the only company that had a flow through to CAL was COEX, now known as ExpressJet. That agreement, however, is now void.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few colganites were hired at CAL, but they are hiring from my company as well, and from many others.

I personally would rather spend the 3-4 years of my life as an FO in a jet, making more per hour than a turboprop captain makes, then work at colgan for four years. I just couldn't imagine that!!

fosters
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to