net jets response

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
how long does it take or how long has it taken those that got the E mail verification that the written application has been accepted? I submitted my hard copy to them one month ago. I have 28,000 hour of total time and 24000 or 121 time and am 57 so its not that I am not qualified.
Uhmmmm. Just out of curiosity, what is the reason you are looking at leaving your current gig for NJA? You'd be starting at the bottom making less than half of what you're making now and flying long days in a cramped cockpit. Is the no commuting the main attraction? I'm just trying to comprehend the motivation behind your move......

Sorry I can't answer your question but I know the list of applicants has swelled as of lately (no surprise there) so it could take a while.
Come on your a 777 captain and the age limit just went up to 65 and you want to go to NJA? Give me a break. I hope you did spell check on your hard copy to NJA.
Quote: Come on your a 777 captain and the age limit just went up to 65 and you want to go to NJA? Give me a break. I hope you did spell check on your hard copy to NJA.
Hey, he can spell. don't be such a "looser".
I'm assuming "looser" is sarcasm for "loser", not to mention responce/RESPONSE and your/YOU'RE in the above messages. Who knows? Maybe he retired early.
Getting ripped by his first post!! Giv'em antother trys!! Try spell check Mr. 777 Capten.
Quote: how long does it take or how long has it taken those that got the E mail verification that the written application has been accepted? I submitted my hard copy to them one month ago. I have 28,000 hour of total time and 24000 or 121 time and am 57 so its not that I am not qualified.
They're probably overwhelmed with resumes right about now. Give it a couple of months.
FYI: I sent in my packet and received an email within 2 weeks. I'm planning on a long wait for the actual interview though. I'm a "low timer" (4500TT) with 1 internal LOR...we'll see.
Quote: Uhmmmm. Just out of curiosity, what is the reason you are looking at leaving your current gig for NJA? You'd be starting at the bottom making less than half of what you're making now and flying long days in a cramped cockpit. Is the no commuting the main attraction? I'm just trying to comprehend the motivation behind your move......

Sorry I can't answer your question but I know the list of applicants has swelled as of lately (no surprise there) so it could take a while.
I could give you a half dozen reasons people would leave.
1. Actually stayed married/never married and has enough cash to enjoy a different aspect of commercial aviation. Yes, many think this way. Have you ever flown the same routes over and over, year after year? It actually can get dull and boring. Limited on layovers, etc. The appeal would be new places to enjoy new challenges. Tired of canned 121 flying.
2.Opposite of 1. Just got divorced and wants ex to get alot less in the settlement. (have seen this approach too)
3. Upcoming mergers, been discussed for months, could dramatically affect lifestyle and been through it before and wants to get out of the fray.
4. Has retirement in the bag with current airline and wants to retire early and try new gig (met DAL Captain who retired early and did a new aviation career for lot less money, but had a blast)
5. Tired of current company climate, not anything like it was first dozen years when it was more close knit.
6. Had some former buds tell 'em how much they enjoyed the job and figured better to leave now so have chance to be Capt before full retirement.

It isn't always about the money. Look at regional Capts who like there gig and stay put. Military pilots who stay in despite better paying flying opportunities elswhere. It isn't so crazy like you may think.
Agreed wholeheartedly with the above reply. It could also extend as to those who quit their high paying non-aviation jobs to a Regional or CFI (which is exactly what I am planning on doing). Sounds crazy, my parents think I am insane, but it isn't always about the money...Let us wait till we hear again from the Triple 7 Captain.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to