upgrade time to captain at NJ

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
I am told at CS the upgrade is currently based on about 4-5 years... but the big variable there is there are a lot of over 65 retired airline guys that might be retiring sooner rather than later..
I was wondering how the fuel price situation has affected NJA. Have your flights slowed, and other details would be greatly appreciated.
Ziggy
When I was hired at Flex they were saying, and doing, 2 year upgrades. I think it is now a realistic 3-4 year, leaning more towards the 4. Attrition due to people leaving has stopped, and only a few have been helped toward the door.
Still a great gig.

Learguy
I could care less when upgrade comes. The money would be nice but I have always found that those consumed by upgrading made $hitty FO's. They are way to concerned about what is happening in the left seat that they forget what their job is.

I am an FO(SIC)...and could not be happier at NJA. I left the regionals and will NEVER go back to part 121 flying...EVER...EVER...NEVER...EVER. In fact, the single most painful part of flying for NJA is having to travel on the airlines. I almost feel sorry for those still there.....

You will upgrade when the time comes...not a second sooner so worrying about it will occupy too much RAM in your nugget.

NJA is not a time builder....it is a career. I do not even keep a logbook anymore.
Quote: ....... In fact, the single most painful part of flying for NJA is having to travel on the airlines...
Can I get an AMEN!
They should make a poll thread on here with the worst things about being a fractional pilot, while doing the lav stinks I'd still put airlining as #1 no matter what the other choices are.
Quote: They should make a poll thread on here with the worst things about being a fractional pilot, while doing the lav stinks I'd still put airlining as #1 no matter what the other choices are.
It's a primary reason I wanted CS as my #1 choice.. they're going to a walk on/walk off basing for 6 of their bases, I'm at one of them... I"m told more than 1/2 the time I'll get on my jet at my home base and their goal is 100% even if it means reposition of the plane due to their maintenance stations also being at those bases. I'll be happy if it's 10% of the time, much less 50%
Quote: It's a primary reason I wanted CS as my #1 choice.. they're going to a walk on/walk off basing for 6 of their bases, I'm at one of them... I"m told more than 1/2 the time I'll get on my jet at my home base and their goal is 100% even if it means reposition of the plane due to their maintenance stations also being at those bases. I'll be happy if it's 10% of the time, much less 50%
And you believe what management tells you?

I'm just sayin'
Quote: And you believe what management tells you?

I'm just sayin'
You work for CS?
Quote: You work for CS?
No. But I do have experience with management's who claim great things and never deliver. After all, I did used to work for an airline.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to