What callsign is "JetSpeed"?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: Twice in the past week I've heard on frequency "JetSpeed." What company is this?
I believe that is the callsign of British Airways.
Quote: I believe that is the callsign of British Airways.
British Airways = "Speed Bird"
I believe it is the callsign sometimes assigned to EJM (Executive Jet Management) aircraft, a division of Net Jets.
Yep, EJM....

BTW...

The OP asked the question in 2005....talk about a thread from the past.
Quote: Actually when I was used to hearing it (back in Portland, OR) it was the callsign of the Intel Corporate Shuttle. They were operating BE-1900s and ERJ-145s. This was current as of last summer.
Intel's jets have the callsign "Tech Jet". I used to flight instruct at HIO and it was always fun to see those guys fly in!
I heard "Rental Jet" today on Atlanta Center...now THAT is a good one!
That there is what they call funny, Boiler. Thanks. Enjoy the weekend all. Take care and KEEP SMILING!!
Quote: Intel's jets have the callsign "Tech Jet". I used to flight instruct at HIO and it was always fun to see those guys fly in!
The Intel jets were managed by EJM for years and had the callsign "Jetspeed." They later dropped EJM for Aerodynamics Inc (Callsign "Dyna Jet"). "Tech Jet" must be fairly recent, or prior to EJM.
EJM is privately owned aircraft either charter or fully managed by EJM. Some use the callsign Jetspeed, some do not - especially on the charter managed side where they may elect to use Jetspeed on charters or might not. I never did because I wasn't used to listening to "Jetspeed..." and I'd miss the calls. Jetspeed couldn't, at least a few years ago, be used internationally. It was domestic use only and you filed under your N number for those charters.
Who is Liberty and who is brickyard
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to