UPS Typical Schedule

Subscribe
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  20 
Page 10 of 47
Go to
Right exactly so it’s on the house ??

Ie my airline this month. Example. 18 days off. 85 credit. 80 block. Pick up one 17 hour 3 day trip. 102 credit, 15 days off. Regardless what one drops, trades picks up etc etc before that.

Or cleaner example. Line award: 18 days off, 82 credit, 78 block. Pick up a 12 hour two day.. 94 credit 16 days off.
Quote: Right exactly so it’s on the house ??

Ie my airline this month. Example. 18 days off. 85 credit. 80 block. Pick up one 17 hour 3 day trip. 102 credit, 15 days off. Regardless what one drops, trades picks up etc etc before that.

Or cleaner example. Line award: 18 days off, 82 credit, 78 block. Pick up a 12 hour two day.. 94 credit 16 days off.

That's how it works here. Block isn't even part of the equation. An average month for me is 78 credit and less than 40 block. You can add, subtract, etc and your credit changes as it does anywhere else. The gotcha is if youre awarded a line worth less than 75 credit, and you start dropping and adding. Once you drop, you lose that buffer of time between 75 and original line credit. So now you have to pick up more to get back to the original 75.

Holy cow that’s a lot of flying!
Gotcha brother. Thanks.

Here, if you let’s keep it simple, have an 80 hour credit 75 block line you can drop a 10 hour credit 2 day trip which would initially put you at 70 hours pay with 65 block but if you then pick
up a 20 hour credit 3 day trip you would have 90 credit with 85 block. Of course in the above example you would have one day less off.
Quote: Holy cow that’s a lot of flying!
Oh 100% agreed friend. Example only. That would be to much work !
Quote: tnkrdrvr…weighing the options of MD or 74 for July heavy class assuming MDs are in the drop. Would you mind PMing me to discuss current MD schedule for a junior guy. Thank you!
2nd hand info, ymmv, etc. Expect reserve until you can hold a line towards end of first year.
Quote: 2nd hand info, ymmv, etc. Expect reserve until you can hold a line towards end of first year.
Or the end of year 8 - kind of depends when you were hired.
Quote: Or the end of year 8 - kind of depends when you were hired.
The poster is obviously looking for the current state of things. The info I provided is from guys hired in 2020.
That was for MD. SDF 74 bottom feeders getting reserve, apparently - I haven’t verified with the CMS bid awards.

How the heck do you credit 82 hours in 12 days of work? And even more egregious 80 block hours in 12 days?? You basically are not getting off the airplane all day.
6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  20 
Page 10 of 47
Go to