Avantair

Subscribe
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  33 
Page 23 of 35
Go to
Quote: They're posting on Climbto for First officers. Limited bases and 8 on 6 off schedule. APC states in the info on Avantair that day 8 is at 200%, is this still true or is day 8 now a regular day. Also I read earlier that you can change bases by notifying the chief pilot and requesting it. How senior is BOS or is that not even an option anymore? Thanks in advanced.
My sources (pretty good source) tell me that BOS is not an option at this time.
Saw that ad on 350.com as well. I was shocked to see how bad the pay was, I had no idea. 3rd yr FO was like 42k. I made more than that at a bottom feeder regional this year. Competitive times to get hired at a regional is somewhere around 1500TT. Avantair says 5000TT.
Had I not quit after 1 year....I'd be making that whopping 42K today. I went back into business for myself instead.....sleeping in my own bed every night.......whew!
... and still can't move on.
Quote: My sources (pretty good source) tell me that BOS is not an option at this time.
Any reason why? Are they considering making those the only gateways? I'd have already applied if they kept all their gateways open. Now definitely not.
Quote: Any reason why? Are they considering making those the only gateways? I'd have already applied if they kept all their gateways open. Now definitely not.
I was not given a reason, nor did I ask. It is my understanding that they simply have more than enough guys concentrated in the BOS area already. Avantair is essentially the "major" to Alpha flying in Portsmouth so I am sure they have a large number of BOS guys from there.
Quote: I was not given a reason, nor did I ask. It is my understanding that they simply have more than enough guys concentrated in the BOS area already. Avantair is essentially the "major" to Alpha flying in Portsmouth so I am sure they have a large number of BOS guys from there.
Makes sense. Thanks.
Be careful, don't expect to retire here. QOL is dropping to that of the regionals and lower.
Good luck to everyone.
Anybody got the phone interview?
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  33 
Page 23 of 35
Go to