embry-riddle CFI question

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Are you in PRC?

I've got two active right now..... ack.
I am at PRC. Apparently I'll be getting one more student when Thanksgiving ends, so that's enlightening.
Would ERAU hire an instructor who didnt attend their university? Say a 350 hour commercial pilot with CFI, CFII, CFIME ratings who wanted to attend grad school there?
Quote: Would ERAU hire an instructor who didnt attend their university? Say a 350 hour commercial pilot with CFI, CFII, CFIME ratings who wanted to attend grad school there?
ERAU is on a hiring freeze. Earliest I heard for anything is next May.

I was half Riddle/half FBO. I dont even think Daytona is hiring either.

Prescott is a real nice place. Just sucks that Ive got to pack up and find a CFI gig elsewhere.
Quote: Would ERAU hire an instructor who didnt attend their university? Say a 350 hour commercial pilot with CFI, CFII, CFIME ratings who wanted to attend grad school there?
Yes they will, IF they are hiring...which Outlaw is correct, University is on a hiring freeze.

From what I've seen, there has been some difficulty for a person who did not get their flight training done at ERAU to transition to the ERAU standards. Nothing as serious as sending you home during New-hire training (so far that I've seen), but will delay your money-making. Once you do get hired, they put quite a bit into getting you standardized and will do the best they can to get you up to ERAU standards. I've seen, however, some IPs here that can only teach VFR due to their lack of progress in teaching IFR to ERAU standards.

If you want to end up teaching at ERAU, and you are worried about this, try to prepare yourself as much as possible. Go to the flight homepage of whatever campus you want to go to, (ie for PRC, ERAU Flight since I don't know DAB's) and look around and start reading up on the documents there.
Can you attend the school and flight instruct? Do you need an inst rating or multi to be cfi?
Zayghami, you need to have your CFI/CFII to start at ERAU as a flight instructor and in order to have your CFII, you need an instrument rating already. You are expected to upgrade to instructing in the multi once there is a need (and they will pay for it). If you don't already have your multi commercial, you wont be very sought after since you will require more money to train for your multi instructor. You're one big investment and they want you as cheap as possible.
Quote: ERAU is on a hiring freeze. Earliest I heard for anything is next May.

I was half Riddle/half FBO. I dont even think Daytona is hiring either.

Prescott is a real nice place. Just sucks that Ive got to pack up and find a CFI gig elsewhere.
I was talking to someone I know at DTB and they don't know if they will be bumped to a full time job once they graduate in a few weeks.

Outlaw2097 how did the check ride go the other week? you ever get your logbook fixed?
Quote: Outlaw2097 how did the check ride go the other week? you ever get your logbook fixed?
Yup. Patched it up and passed the initial ride last month. Ive also got the double I and MEI now.
any update on if either campus is hiring? for current instructors what is your student load like? thx!
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to