20 October SLI transcript

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 11 of 12
Go to
Quote: Two years ago, Northwest had 18 787's on FIRM order to start delivery in 2008 and Delta had 0 757-200 ER's on firm order. Fast forward to today. Delta has 17 757-200 ER's flying today and Northwest has 0 787's. Firm orders are pieces of paper and are not airplanes. Your 18 FIRM orders are worthless until the jets actually show up and create jobs. Oh and they are especially worthless because the 787 program is in massive disarray now. Which airplanes are creating more pilot jobs today, the FIRM 787's or the "risky" 757-200 ER's?
If someone is going to talk about firm orders for their side then they have to take into count the other sides firm orders. There are people on here who like to talk about their orders but only account for their side and discount the others as being BS.

The delay's in the 787 are outside of nwa's control just like the 737/777 delays (boeing strike) are out of delta's control. This doesn't mean they both will or will not happen.

There is even talk from delta pilots saying the 787 order might be changed into a 777 order.
Quote: If someone is going to talk about firm orders for their side then they have to take into count the other sides firm orders. There are people on here who like to talk about their orders but only account for their side and discount the others as being BS.

Funny you say that, because the NWA proposal allows for about 280 captain and FO slots for 787s on the NWA side, while not allowing for any additional 777 or 737 slots for the airplanes that we already have coming.

I'll admit, I can't remember how our side treated orders.

So, either we both account for orders, or neither side accounts for orders. And I personally think if you are accounting for firm orders, you also have to account for aircraft you know are going away.
Quote: Funny you say that, because the NWA proposal allows for about 280 captain and FO slots for 787s on the NWA side, while not allowing for any additional 777 or 737 slots for the airplanes that we already have coming.

I'll admit, I can't remember how our side treated orders.

So, either we both account for orders, or neither side accounts for orders. And I personally think if you are accounting for firm orders, you also have to account for aircraft you know are going away.
If nwa didn't account for the delta 777/737 firm orders they should have seen as they considered the 787.

what airplanes are going away? both sides said they were cutting capacity last spring to account for the rising fuel prices. I know the 9's are old but they were suppose to have 58 of them left. (superpilots #) If delta decides to park airplanes then both sides should take the hit because both were talking reductions in flying.

Hopefully the airplanes that go away are just replaced with newer/better equipment for you guys.
Quote: If nwa didn't account for the delta 777/737 firm orders they should have seen as they considered the 787.

what airplanes are going away? both sides said they were cutting capacity last spring to account for the rising fuel prices. I know the 9's are old but they were suppose to have 58 of them left. (superpilots #) If delta decides to park airplanes then both sides should take the hit because both were talking reductions in flying.

Hopefully the airplanes that go away are just replaced with newer/better equipment for you guys.
Heyas Eric,

Big buzz from the 3rd Floor is that the 28 DC-9-30s in storage are being prepped to return. Destination? ATL and LGA. $65 oil has re-written the marketing plan...again. THIS is why you don't bet your SLI on what MIGHT happen.

Combined with the number of guys with their fingers on the retirement trigger, and there could be some serious movement here shortly. I think this month's APA was just the start.

Nu
Yes, there are a lot of things in the works. The Code a phone here states differing economic positions. What I term this to mean is that there is good and bad. Bad is 777 and 787 delays, good is there will be some other lift avail. IE no reason to post an AE when things are about to change.
Quote: Heyas Eric,

Big buzz from the 3rd Floor is that the 28 DC-9-30s in storage are being prepped to return. Destination? ATL and LGA. $65 oil has re-written the marketing plan...again. THIS is why you don't bet your SLI on what MIGHT happen.

Combined with the number of guys with their fingers on the retirement trigger, and there could be some serious movement here shortly. I think this month's APA was just the start.

Nu
Well that can't be good for you guys because that will mean another 300+ NWA pilots stapled to the bottom of the SLI...
Quote: Well that can't be good for you guys because that will mean another 300+ NWA pilots stapled to the bottom of the SLI...
Disregard......Got it now

(I am not saying its going to happen but i have been hearing the same info fwiw)
Quote: What?? Bringing more planes out of storage is a bad thing? I guess you read what he wrote wrong.

(I am not saying its going to happen but i have been hearing the same info fwiw)
He was only kidding. Using the DAL SLI method, that's what would happen. Good one, Eric.
Quote: He was only kidding. Using the DAL SLI method, that's what would happen. Good one, Eric.
Oh gotcha, more "small jets" or "furlough jets", means more stapled pilots i get it Eric. Disregard my previous post then.
Quote: Well that can't be good for you guys because that will mean another 300+ NWA pilots stapled to the bottom of the SLI...
Now that I think about it, does the reverse of the argument happen when we pull from the desert rather than retire? I guess with the new additions we'll be stapling 700 Delta pilots because the DC9s will be growing. I like it!
7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 11 of 12
Go to