Top 1500 positions!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 14
Go to
246 Delta guys out of the top 1500! Pretty close to my earlier post of "of the top 1500 positions, all but 40 were NWA!" I think Carl and Ferd pretty much blasted me for that assertion. A loss of over 9% for Delta in that range. I am an '88 hire who goes from 22% to 29%, a loss of over 7%. Every Delta seniority range is similarly impacted. As compared to the Delta SLI proposal, the first group of Delta guys remain the SAME % while I gain 1 %! Just to repeat, in these two examples the NWA proposal has the Delta guys lose 9% and 7%, while the Delta proposal has a 0% and 1% bump for the Delta guy!!!Guys, this DOH strategy is so ridiculously unrealistic and it offers no basis for compromise. How do you modify DOH or is this an all or nothing proposition? I'm speechless...almost

Cogf16
Delta guy
I lose 5 percent under the DAL proposal.... Just depends on how you are looking at it. Hopefully something will be worked out.
I've been watching these threads since the beginning and there is one thing that holds true. Neither side listens or cares about the other and neither is going to budge. A fence my man, that is how we work through differences. A good fence makes for good neighbors.
Quote: 246 Delta guys out of the top 1500! Pretty close to my earlier post of "of the top 1500 positions, all but 40 were NWA!" I think Carl and Ferd pretty much blasted me for that assertion. A loss of over 9% for Delta in that range. I am an '88 hire who goes from 22% to 29%, a loss of over 7%. Every Delta seniority range is similarly impacted. As compared to the Delta SLI proposal, the first group of Delta guys remain the SAME % while I gain 1 %! Just to repeat, in these two examples the NWA proposal has the Delta guys lose 9% and 7%, while the Delta proposal has a 0% and 1% bump for the Delta guy!!!Guys, this DOH strategy is so ridiculously unrealistic and it offers no basis for compromise. How do you modify DOH or is this an all or nothing proposition? I'm speechless...almost

Cogf16
Delta guy

How do you feel about delta's proposal stapling 400+ nwa pilots to the bottom?

Can I assume that you also think it's "ridiculously unrealistic"?
DOH is completely unfair to the delta guys...without the fences. With the fences the job distro 10-15 years from SOC is extremely even-handed. With the DAL proposal, there will be a very small number of former NWA guys in the top 1500 10-15 years from now. Most of the former NWA widebody jobs will have transferred to pre-merger DAL pilots.
Quote: How do you feel about delta's proposal stapling 400+ nwa pilots to the bottom?

Can I assume that you also think it's "ridiculously unrealistic"?
Yes. but...back to my post

Cog
Quote: DOH is completely unfair to the delta guys...without the fences. With the fences the job distro 10-15 years from SOC is extremely even-handed. With the DAL proposal, there will be a very small number of former NWA guys in the top 1500 10-15 years from now. Most of the former NWA widebody jobs will have transferred to pre-merger DAL pilots.
Ten yr.(or longer) fences simply won't work. And the company won't go for it. Before you go there, yes the Delta proposal has 3 or 5 yr. fences, but only for a small portion of the widebody fleet. A system wide 10 yr. fence is a nonstarter. Haven't we learned from Green/Red/Blue book wars and 20 + arbitrations. We just can't go down that road. You gotta find a fair list WITHOUT massive fences

Cog
I agree, it would be great to find a fair list without massive fences. However, the DAL proposal (as presented in arbitration) is not the answer.
Quote: A good fence makes for good neighbors.
Yeah, it's worked so well with Roberts....

Is that why Eric Newman started your case busting on Greg Averill?

At least the Redtails were 22-2, with a lot of carnage along the way.
I'm an April 87' hire at NWA and the Delta proposed list puts me after December 91' hires, a loss of 2700 positions. I'm really not getting too worked up, these two proposals are way out there. Relax, in three weeks we'll all be a little bit PO'd. I really hope that none of us is REALLY PO'd. This thing is going to work for all of us.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 14
Go to