UPT "today" vs "yesterday"

Subscribe
9  15  16  17  18  19 
Page 19 of 19
Go to
Relative to the foreign participation, since 1981 US and NATO nations have been training students on a common syllabus at ENJJPT / Sheppard AFB, TX. In that program, all students regardless of nationality are graded and passed/attrited to the same exact standards. Also, the NATO nation students that don't go to ENJJPT, but do go to regular UPT bases, are graded and held to the same exact standards as their US counterparts.

Not all foreign training in the US is created equal.
Quote: NO CRYING in FLYING!!!
I cried my eyes out in my chief pilots office turning in my ID's when I got furloughed..... lol. It makes me laugh now.. He was a prior Marine and he had no idea what to say or how to handle it....
That's understandably different than crying in a recurrent training debrief after being told you were consistently right of course the whole way down the glideslope. You didn't do that, did you?

While their is no crying in flying, their is crying in unemployment.
Quote: That's understandably different than crying in a recurrent training debrief after being told you were consistently right of course the whole way down the glideslope. You didn't do that, did you?

While their is no crying in flying, their is crying in unemployment.
Haha..nope ... Did you? Yeah im still pretty embarrassed...
Nope, I'm just embarrassed that I used "their" vs "there' x 2 in my post.
Quote: I cried my eyes out in my chief pilots office turning in my ID's when I got furloughed..... lol. It makes me laugh now.. He was a prior Marine and he had no idea what to say or how to handle it....
I'm sure he knew just how to handle it - but was restrained from doing so.

USMCFLYR
It seems that most of the poor students come from countries that are potentially future adversaries of the US.
So, if they want a substandard pilot returned to them with wings, I'm good with that.
Quote: It seems that most of the poor students come from countries that are potentially future adversaries of the US.
So, if they want a substandard pilot returned to them with wings, I'm good with that.
You make a good point, one shared by many others. One of the civilians I worked with at NETSAFA was a former Navy helo pilot and instructed in Kingdom for 12 years. I think he flew both the Dolphin and Puma with the Saudi's. Anyway, he said the majority of Saudi Navy pilots just weren't that good and in addition, once they got to their squadrons, they rarely flew nights or in IFR conditions. Not sure if that's still how they roll. Of course this is only the Navy helo pilots so I have no idea how their tactical pilots fair. When I was an IP at VAW-120 I heard that the Egyptian E-2C pilots were pretty bad as well.
9  15  16  17  18  19 
Page 19 of 19
Go to