Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
13979  14479  14879  14929  14969  14975  14976  14977  14978  14979  14980  14981  14982  14983  14989  15029  15079  15479  15979 
Page 14979 of 20173
Go to
Quote:
If you watched the opening ceremony, when the Olympic Rings opened up towards the end of the program, and the last ring failed to open...Well, the guy that was responsible for that, according to Facebook, was found dead the next morning with multiple stab wounds.

Disclaimer: I did absolutely zero research to see if it was actually true.
E
Story posted by some other (waste of everyone's time) site, similar to 'The Onion'. Completely false story. Anyone posting comments on it, on Facebook, remind me of the car (Allstate?) insurance commercial, where the blonde chick states she met her new boyfriend online, "he's a French model." And then some frumpy, 80ktsClamp looking dude shows up
Quote: Story posted by some other (waste of everyone's time) site, similar to 'The Onion'. Completely false story. Anyone posting comments on it, on Facebook, remind me of the car (Allstate?) insurance commercial, where the blonde chick states she met her new boyfriend online, "he's a French model." And then some frumpy, 80ktsClamp looking dude shows up
State Farm.

And it was a great spot.... I THOUGHT I recognized that guy!!!!!
USA vs. Canada hockey game starts in a few minutes.
Huge stakes.
Winner goes to the gold medal game. Loser has to keep Justin Beiber.

Breaking news....Local radio station reporting that the North Koreans have sent a man to the sun and back in 18 hrs. He went at night because of the extreme heat and is bringing back sunspots for research. It appears the younger dear leader might just be a tad nuttier than dear old dad.
Quote: No, I don't think so, the PWA shows it as being a recent change.

With that change, this was also added:

Note: Current bid period PCS will be run as close as possible to, but not earlier than, scheduled PCS run times and will process all pilot requests submitted prior to the beginning of the run.

"As close as possible" is a very high standard. Does anybody really think that it's being met?
Quote: How is the performance on the line? I still remember the flight ops road show where the powers to be stated the 717 was a terrible airframe and would never be purchased by Delta. This was when you could get them new.
Well........In my vast 25.3 hrs of experience, they seem to be doing okay. Just little things here and there. It has some quirks because it is such an electric jet (minus flt controls) but I suppose like any new type they are learning and adapting. One thing I noticed was every time I came through ATL, mechanic met the jet just to check on the plane. Coming off International I don't know if this is standard domestically.
Now back in the day when they were new I understand there were a lot of bugs to work out but AT got the pleasure of working those out. Maybe someone with more line experience can chime in for a more practical view. Fun to fly though!
I'm loving the 717. Great screens, Airbus box, uploads the flight plan and awabs, nails the descent profile even with big tailwinds, smooth autothrottles, more power than you can use... oh, wait a minute...did I mention the trips suck? 5 to 7 legs a day. 18hr days - Everyday. New hires trying to kill you in the rt seat. Cramped and I mean really tight cockpit. Miserable seats. Wretched coffee. What else? Tabs and pulleys. I don't think you'd be happy on it (if your senior).
Quote: I don't know what zoo they're promoting, but I like how their ad guy thinks.

I like that zoo.
Quote: Story posted by some other (waste of everyone's time) site, similar to 'The Onion'. Completely false story. Anyone posting comments on it, on Facebook, remind me of the car (Allstate?) insurance commercial, where the blonde chick states she met her new boyfriend online, "he's a French model." And then some frumpy, 80ktsClamp looking dude shows up

That guy works at AirTran, I know him.
Quote: I don't know what zoo they're promoting, but I like how their ad guy thinks.

Those will be dragging the ground before she's 30.
13979  14479  14879  14929  14969  14975  14976  14977  14978  14979  14980  14981  14982  14983  14989  15029  15079  15479  15979 
Page 14979 of 20173
Go to