Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
18176  18676  19076  19126  19166  19172  19173  19174  19175  19176  19177  19178  19179  19180  19186  19226  19276  19676 
Page 19176 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Newbie question...on reserve, there's a provision where scheduling will release you at noon on the last day of reserve if they don't have an assignment for you. If I interpret things correctly, this is automatically done if going into a hard day off, or must be requested if going into a soft day off.
My questions are:
When going into soft days off, is this request made somewhere on icrew? Or just give scheduling a call? How long in advance should this request be made?
Also, does being converted to short call reserve count as them having an assignment for you, or could you still be released at noon if there's no actual flying to be assigned?
Sorry for the long-windedness...thanks!
First question, call CS at the crack of noon.

I don't understand your second question, but this is from the Scheduling Reference Handbook: "Short call pilots will be released from on-call duty not later than 1200 base time on their last on-call day prior to a hard non-fly day." In any case, if you're on short call I would definitely call CS at noon and ask to be released with a soft- or hard-non-fly day the next day.

(A hard non-fly day is defined as "a non-fly day on which a pilot may not be inversely assigned to a rotation (e.g., vacation, APD day, reserve PD day, ALPA, legal duty, MLOA, or golden X-day)
There is no need to call CS to be released from SC at noon the day prior to a hard non-fly day. It's automatic.
Thanks guys!
Quote: First question, call CS at the crack of noon.

I don't understand your second question, but this is from the PWA: "Short call pilots will be released from on-call duty not later than 1200 base time on his last on-call day prior to a hard non-fly day." If you're on short call I would call CS at noon and ask to be released with a soft non-fly day the next day.

(A hard non-fly day is defined as "a non-fly day on which a pilot may not be inversely assigned to a rotation (e.g., vacation, APD day, reserve PD day, ALPA, legal duty, MLOA, or golden X-day)
Edited above...what StoneQOLdCrazy said.
I think we all knew this was coming. Thoughts
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-27/korean-air-in-talks-with-delta-for-joint-venture-executive-says
Quote: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-27/korean-air-in-talks-with-delta-for-joint-venture-executive-says
He speaks for me:

Quote:
If and when DALPA comes to us seeking a Letter of Agreement for these JVs,

1) we need our fair share of the flying

2) we need major gains in RETIREMENT AND QUALITY OF LIFE.

VACATION

TRAINING PAY

MEDICAL

DEFINED CONTRIBUTION

MINIMUM DAY
Quote: Disconcerted event of the day. Was on an NYC subway today when two plain-clothed delta pilots came on and stood next to me. One of them was okay but the shorter one...couldn't believe my ears. It was a former compass or Trans States guy based on his talking about embraer, and was bad-mouthing ever LCP and five sim instructors during his training on the 737 category. The tall one even told him to "don't talk that way." I wanted to punch the complainer square in the temple for all the crap he was talking about Delta. I was unsuccessful during my screening and would kill to be in his place. And here he is pitching a fit about different techniques in landing the variants of the 737. Grrrrr. Okay rant complete but for eff sakes man.
The irony is that you would most likely have been a significantly better pick by pilot selections. Keep trying, and good luck.
Quote: The irony is that you would most likely have been a significantly better pick by pilot selections. Keep trying, and good luck.
If he was a compass guy he was probably a flow. Pilot selections would not have been involved.
Is talking about 737 training permitted in a NYC train "Quiet Car" ?

Is talking about 737 training permitted in a regular NYC subway car?
Quote: The irony is that you would most likely have been a significantly better pick by pilot selections. Keep trying, and good luck.
I shall. And thank you kindly.
18176  18676  19076  19126  19166  19172  19173  19174  19175  19176  19177  19178  19179  19180  19186  19226  19276  19676 
Page 19176 of 20173
Go to