Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
1018  1518  1918  1968  2008  2014  2015  2016  2017  2018  2019  2020  2021  2022  2028  2068  2118  2518  3018 
Page 2018 of 20173
Go to
Quote: The freeze makes you think twice about everything. If there is no ATL A330 on this bid then is it better to wait or jump back into an A seat now?

That's what freezes are for! Definitely makes you want what you bid.

Knowing I'm going to be MD'd no matter what on this bid, I've got it all listed, haha.

It is kind of nice getting to try something out for free, I suppose.
If you go thru qualification training you incur a 24 month freeze from date of the award. If a category is new or re-established then you can bid into that particular category regardless of whether you are frozen or not. See item c.

35. “Category freeze” means a period of time
a. that is determined under Section 22 G.,
b. that commences on the date of a pilot’s award of an AE or VD for which qualification training is required, and
c. during which the pilot will (unless declared eligible by the Company) be ineligible to be awarded another AE with an earliest conversion date falling within the freeze period (other than to a new or reestablished category) for which qualification training is required.

Denny
Quote: Knowing I'm going to be MD'd no matter what on this bid, I've got it all listed... .
The LCA briefings have not been that accurate in the past. The one I saw in June basically said we would be 2,000 fat and have 1,200 on furlough after SOC.

Instead it appears we will have jobs. They might not be where we want, but it helps shift the cost of hotel rooms to the junior pilots at the expense of operational integrity when the junior pilots can't get to work.

I too knew that I'd be displaced on the last bid. Instead some got the ATL-ER and I moved up. Go figure

It is hard to believe that they'll decimate ATL without some significant narrow body backfill. We know the narrow body staffing will increase 10% or more, we just don't know where. There are huge parts of the puzzle missing still. You might get lucky. I hope you do and that some of that luck extends downward.

Brer Rabbit
Bar we all want to get lucky.

On this bid.
Quote: The freeze makes you think twice about everything. If there is no ATL A330 on this bid then is it better to wait or jump back into an A seat now?

Depends on where you will sit seniority wise on that particular equipment, also, commute, no-commute? I am personally hoping to sit on the sidelines on this one and hold on to my seat, then re-evaluate.
Quote: The LCA briefings have not been that accurate in the past. The one I saw in June basically said we would be 2,000 fat and have 1,200 on furlough after SOC.

Instead it appears we will have jobs. They might not be where we want, but it helps shift the cost of hotel rooms to the junior pilots at the expense of operational integrity when the junior pilots can't get to work.

I too knew that I'd be displaced on the last bid. Instead some got the ATL-ER and I moved up. Go figure

It is hard to believe that they'll decimate ATL without some significant narrow body backfill. We know the narrow body staffing will increase 10% or more, we just don't know where. There are huge parts of the puzzle missing still. You might get lucky. I hope you do and that some of that luck extends downward.

Brer Rabbit

Good point, Bar! Being only 5 from the bottom- I think no matter what happens I'm gonna get tagged. Kinda looking for a change anyways.

Don't touch it Bre'r Rabbit! Even with 'em fancy clothes, it looks like a merger!
Quote: Ya know the really sad thing? Other than the postmortem for the deceased bunny and the obvious head trauma the poor little tyke had to endure from his "owner"....the bunny had a website. He was, however, Tokyo-based. All bunnies moved up one number in seniority.
Nice one, Buzz. I'll be your huckleberry.
I see all of you a Pancake Bunny and raise you, this:

Quote: I understand a new category might be open to all (except 744/777) but once trained on that category, you are "seat locked".
I was actually more pointing out a flaw in your wishful thinking or maybe I misunderstood you.

Quote: I'm actually hoping not on this one, that way more people in front of me will jump out to other categories, get frozen, and then they can have the ATL 330 bid.
These guys can bid other categories now. Be seat locked yes...unless a new category comes out again.

So if ATL A330 comes out on the next bid after this one, and they want to bid it they will not be seat locked.

This is how I understand it.

Bid what you want now...it will not prevent you from bidding for a category that is not yet being offered.
1018  1518  1918  1968  2008  2014  2015  2016  2017  2018  2019  2020  2021  2022  2028  2068  2118  2518  3018 
Page 2018 of 20173
Go to