Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
354  404  444  450  451  452  453  454  455  456  457  458  464  504  554  954  1454 
Page 454 of 20173
Go to
Noticed on Delta Net yesterday that they have extended the Voluntary program application deadline to 11 Feb. The way I read that is they aren't getting enough folks to sign up. Am I missing something?
Dragon you are correct. Of course management spinned it by saying they want to give employee more time to think about it. But the reality is that not nearly enough employees are taking the package, a good chuck just took the package in November...what makes you think 2,000 employes changed their mind in 2 months???

Its funny because the email that was sent out about the package, actually came from ACS-INC. If you go to the ACS-INC you will see that they claim to be the "leader in business outsourcing". Kind of makes you think whats coming for the Delta non-contract employees doesnt it?
Quote: Dragon you are correct. Of course management spinned it by saying they want to give employee more time to think about it. But the reality is that not nearly enough employees are taking the package, a good chuck just took the package in November...what makes you think 2,000 employes changed their mind in 2 months???

Its funny because the email that was sent out about the package, actually came from ACS-INC. If you go to the ACS-INC you will see that they claim to be the "leader in business outsourcing". Kind of makes you think whats coming for the Delta non-contract employees doesnt it?
With over 70,000 jobs cut this week alone, no one in their right mind would be anxious to take a buyout. It's rough out there...
Quote: Its funny because the email that was sent out about the package, actually came from ACS-INC. If you go to the ACS-INC you will see that they claim to be the "leader in business outsourcing". Kind of makes you think whats coming for the Delta non-contract employees doesnt it?
ACS-Inc has been the Delta Employee Service Center (sic) for years. They're the folks that provide immediate non-answers to any benefits, payroll, or travel related question you ask. I don't think this is anything new.
Quote: Noticed on Delta Net yesterday that they have extended the Voluntary program application deadline to 11 Feb. The way I read that is they aren't getting enough folks to sign up. Am I missing something?
Pilots are still ineligible for early out programs, which at least shows they aren't trying to get rid of pilots.
If and when we do an early out, it will be different than what these employee groups have.
Quote: If and when we do an early out, it will be different than what these employee groups have.
It sure will.... It will be the bottom 700-1000 most junior pilots that get "offered" the "early" out program!!!
You may in fact be correct that we furlough, but what I was hinting at was an early out for some FNWA folks.
Quote: You may in fact be correct that we furlough, but what I was hinting at was an early out for some FNWA folks.
LOL!! I hope it is the latter...
Delta is counting on 800 flight attendants from the combined carrier to take the package. Northwest offered then a package early 2008 and 450 took it. Delta offered a package for the 2nd half of 2008 and 850 took the package.

Now, as of today only 130 flight attendants from NW signed up for the package. We don't know on the Delta side because they haven't released any information. However I doubt that over 200 from Delta have signed up!
354  404  444  450  451  452  453  454  455  456  457  458  464  504  554  954  1454 
Page 454 of 20173
Go to