Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
8544  9044  9444  9494  9534  9540  9541  9542  9543  9544  9545  9546  9547  9548  9554  9594  9644  10044  10544 
Page 9544 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Not all trains need tunnels!

Saling is right,t T-8 has always been the best option for us. Arpy just did not want to play.
I was specifically talking about going under 31R to get to where the cargo hangars are if we would have bought the old JB terminal.. but I suppose they could have built a train that went around the runway..

You hearing any rumblings about T8?
Quote: Thanks, Tim!
Good luck, and let me know if the price has changed, I booked it through that "Aircrew" site about a month in advance of recurrent (last Dec).

I don't know what they'll charge for a 'same day' type booking, hope they don't try to rape you! But if they do, try the two others most commuters use, the Red Roof and the Drury (404) 761-4900), both quite near the Motel 6 on Va. Ave.

Also, there's a "Country Inn and Suites" just a block back off VA. Ave, behind the Wellesly: (404) 767-9787

Something that I have done when stuck in the ATL, last minute, is call Crew Accomodations, use the same ph. number as crew scheds, but listen to the prompts, right after crew tracking I think. I've asked them if they have any -unused- hotel rooms, on Va. Ave, like when someone got re-routed, etc. and the room is booked but unused.

Once in a while they can put you into a pre-paid room, for free! Or at least at the DL Crew rate.
Interesting news tidbit: Delta paid 12.9 million to settle claims of code violations and environmental remediation with the City of Atlanta relating to the Northwest Maintenance Hangar on the south side of the airport.

Apparently the claim was paid via restricted stock, which was a violation of City of Atlanta rules.
Quote: This idea is pretty creative. I hope it works out for the largest commercial consumer of jet fuel on earth. I'd put it on par with SWA's early fuel hedging strategy.

No more profit sharing on the next contract.

We need REVENUE sharing.

And I don't care about the other employee groups. They can negotiate their own benefits. Just because we spend negotiating capital for an improvement shouldn't automatically mean that the improvement is then given to everyone else.

(Disclaimer: My understanding is that we negotiated for and received profit sharing and it was then given to all the other employees. Please correct if my understanding is wrong.)
Dr. Hirs' professional assessment of the economic situation is that Delta is "stupid".

I always thought that clinical psychologists were better at diagnosing "stupid" rather than economists. Maybe he consulted one before making this report.

"Edward Hirs, a professor of energy economics at the University of Houston, says he can think of one reason why Delta would try to get into the refining business: “because they’re stupid.”"

"The last thing I would want to do is buy an old refinery in the Northeast from someone that knows how to run it,” Hirs says.". Or one could say, "the last thing I would want to do is buy an airline in Texas from someone who knows how to run it" (i.e., American).

Why Buying A Refinery Could Be A Disaster For Delta Air Lines (Even With JPMorgan's Help) - Forbes

Maybe Dr. Hirs should talk to this guy about very limited refining capacity in the US which is helping cause fuel prices to soar in the Northeast.

As refineries close, experts say U.S. gasoline shortage may strike during peak driving season | NJ.com

Momma always said that stupid is as stupid does.
Maybe they just want to burn some money.
yeahbut...getting into Aviation has already been a Disaster for most Major Airlines, so what's a few hundred Million for an Oil Farm? Peanuts!

Q. How do you make a Million Dollars in Aviation?

A. Start with a Billion...

What Delta really needs to buy is an Aluminium Recycling Plant, and make some beer cans out of 50 seat RJ's!
Quote: It looks like I may get stuck in ATL due to a maintenance delay and resulting misconnect. Does anyone have the gouge for commuter hotels? I don't want to pay through the nose, but I'm looking for something that's not too nasty. Thanks
Try Sleep Inn (770-996-6100). It's been a couple of years since I stayed there. But it's a 5 minutes drive to the airport. They have very reliable shuttle service. The hotel is clean enough, and the beds are comfortable. There's a Ruby Tuesday's right next door. Unless it's changed, the Delta crew rate is $42 => $47 out the door.
One of my most expensive life lessons was that Forbes Magazine publishes garbage investment advice.
Quote: One of my most expensive life lessons was that Forbes Magazine publishes garbage investment advice.

Do they still have that 727 called, "Capitalist Tool?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Forbe...8b7348427e837b

I don't know how to imbed a Pict, or I'd do it...and a lot of under boob, side boob, over boob, belly button boob...so please, don't tell me or I'll never get the lawn mowed!
8544  9044  9444  9494  9534  9540  9541  9542  9543  9544  9545  9546  9547  9548  9554  9594  9644  10044  10544 
Page 9544 of 20173
Go to