FDX - European Domicile

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 10
Go to
I hope it goes very senior. If everyone that bids it has maximum vacation and is sick a lot, they'll have to man it up fatter.

I predict that we'll still be in 4.a.2.b and the company will publish the "notional" bidpacks with 85 hour lines and then let the bid. Greedy bastages will then trample one another to get to Paris.

PIPE
Hope for an improved FDA LOA package?
I'm hoping they have the same manning problems that HKG is having? Maybe then, management will realize the only solution is to improve the FDA LOA package?

(I know I'm kidding myself, but a guy can hope ... can't he)

And just to revive an old thread's thought ... what was DW's motivation for the hard sell on the sh*tty FDA LOA? It will go senior!

Mark
Bid is supposed to come out in May. Today is the first day of May. It is Friday. So any bets that it comes out today after 1700L? Or will it be next Friday after 1700L?
Quote: I'm hoping they have the same manning problems that HKG is having? Maybe then, management will realize the only solution is to improve the FDA LOA package?

(I know I'm kidding myself, but a guy can hope ... can't he)

And just to revive an old thread's thought ... what was DW's motivation for the hard sell on the sh*tty FDA LOA? It will go senior!

Mark

I am still asking myself that Q! Time will tell....maybe.
When I attended a "road show" for selling the LOA, my read was that they were never selling the content of it specifically. I heard muliple times during the presentation that we should vote for it because the Union secured the flying for FedEx pilots. The guys presenting appeared embarassed at the lack of substance in the LOA, so that portion really was not mentioned much. Yikes!
My take is, all goals and interests were subordinated to getting an LOA that covered Pilots in an FDA under the RLA umbrella. I think the farm was sold to obtain that one single point. I think the mentality was, "once we have that, no matter how Sh#$$y the provisions, we can always improve it later". This basically hangs the first generation of Pilots staffing the FDA "out to dry".
I should have added that point as well. Well said...
Fact is, we were already under the RLA "umbrella" before the LOA.

26 W. FDA

1. All pilots assigned to an FDA are fully covered by all provisions of this Agreement.

They tried to sell us on scope provisions, which there were none in the LOA. What there was was language to make sure we couldnt strike under local (HKG or French) labor laws. A freebie for the Company. Disingenuous sell job at best by DW and BC.

And to think that foreign pilots would have been hired is ridiculous....those reasons have been stated here before.
Is it still 757s to Europe?
Airbus. Widebody pay this time!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 10
Go to