How long does something stay on your PRIA?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Does PRIA show employment dates? Or just check ride dates?
Quote: Does PRIA show employment dates? Or just check ride dates?
http://www.faa.gov/pilots/lic_cert/p...OIA_and_PA.pdf

Also take a look at the "Introduction to PRIA" powerpoint presentation;

http://www.faa.gov/pilots/lic_cert/pria/guidance/
Quote: http://www.faa.gov/pilots/lic_cert/p...OIA_and_PA.pdf

Also take a look at the "Introduction to PRIA" powerpoint presentation;

PRIA Guidance
(III) any release from employment or resignation, termination, or disqualification with respect to employment.

So what if one was employed employed by an air carrier, quit and was rehired, then quit again? Would it show both termination dates? Also what do most employers consider start of employment? Check-ride date or first day of class?
Quote: So what if one was employed employed by an air carrier, quit and was rehired, then quit again? Would it show both termination dates?
That should show as two separate employment periods.

Quote: Also what do most employers consider start of employment? Check-ride date or first day of class?
Most airlines consider it day one of class but I know a few bottom feeders may consider it completion of training (you'd have to ask the company in question). But for PRIA purposes, they may have to report the training even if you weren't technically an employee for payroll purposes. Again, best to ask the airline in question.
Oh my.. I failed my commercial written and that's my only failure!!!! Do I need to tell them that!!!
Quote: Oh my.. I failed my commercial written and that's my only failure!!!! Do I need to tell them that!!!
IMO you don't need to tell them unless they specifically ask "did you fail a written test?". But it depends on the wording of the question, if it's vague or open-ended you might want to confess rather than be suspected of lying about it. But I would come up with a good reason for failing a written, and be prepared to tell them what you learned from the experience.
Are company incident reports on pria? At my company (like most I'm sure) even minor things such as a go around, even if it's not the the crews fault, requires an incident report. I believe company incident reports are just on company file, but can anyone confirm?
Quote: Are company incident reports on pria? At my company (like most I'm sure) even minor things such as a go around, even if it's not the the crews fault, requires an incident report. I believe company incident reports are just on company file, but can anyone confirm?
Google the FAA PRIA home page, lots of info there.

Be careful using the term "incident". In aviation an "incident" usually means an NTSB-defined incident. My company uses "Irregular Operations Reports" for events which need to be reported up the chain but often are not NTSB incidents.

The answer to your question, I think, is that a flight operations event would only be reported by a previous employer via PRIA if you were disciplined for it.
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to