Southwest may make a bid for Frontier

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 38
Go to
Frontier Confirms That Southwest Airlines Developing a Bid for the Airline - Yahoo! Finance

Would fit with Southwest's expansion plans for Denver, but I wonder what would happen with the Airbus fleet. Curious how Frontier pilots feel about this. As a fellow Denver-ite, I would have rather seen Frontier survive as a standalone airline, but this bid would probably be preferable to Republic's for a number of reasons.
If SWA offers $1 for Frontier I think they would be smarter to go with SWA!
I think the Frontier pilots would greatly prefer this over Republic. As for the airbusses I don't think they would keep them very long; this buy would probably be mainly for gates/ slots/ facilites, and to eliminate competition.
A great move by WN. Cheap purchase to secure a strong future.
About a year ago this was a rumor. I also heard that SWA would trade the Airbuses for B737's from Mexicana or some airline down south. I guess we'll find out.
No maybe about it.

MarketWatch.com Story
I'm sure UAL is just thrilled.. Yet another kick in the Nutts..
Be careful what you wish for. This could put all F9 pilots out of work. Southwest won't want the planes or the pilots, just the marketshare in Denver.
this is great news for the Frontier guys
Quote: Be careful what you wish for. This could put all F9 pilots out of work. Southwest won't want the planes or the pilots, just the marketshare in Denver.
wont matter, if swa buys f9 the pilots come with the purchase
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 38
Go to