ERAU Current Student

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
Well I will be starting my second year at ERAU this 09-10 school year. Did I enjoy the first year. Well Yes And No.
No due to the fact I had 30 hours previously and my local flight school shutdown and things came up which allowed me not to finish my private. So I go to the school and they basically started me all over. When the school year ended in April I decided to finish at home and I went home to a newer school and finished in a week. The Examiner I had was VERY shock how I was flying and the knowledge I had. But I was mad at myself because it seemed like my first flight instructor dragged everything out at Riddle.
I did enjoy it due to the fact that you are around people that love aviation. I have always wanted to be a pilot or atc since I was 5 years old and that is what I am learning now. I am majoring in Aeronautical Science with a ATC and soon to be UAV minor.
This semester I will be starting on my instrument rating. I am going to work my butt off this semester and fill out every scholarship I can get a hold of to pay for the dream school I always wanted to go to.
And o guess what....I did meet a girl....

Just sharing my experience so far.
Quote: And o guess what....I did meet a girl....
Exactly the problem... you met A girl singular, not "I met a bunch of girls"
Quote: And o guess what....I did meet a girl....

you should ask her a couple questions:

1) does she work at molly brown's/lollipops? - if yes, there's a slight chance she's after your money
2) is she really a girl
3) does she go to Mainland H.S. ... if so check I.D.

all jokes aside... good luck!
Beware of the riddle vision.
Quote: Well I will be starting my second year at ERAU this 09-10 school year. Did I enjoy the first year. Well Yes And No.
No due to the fact I had 30 hours previously and my local flight school shutdown and things came up which allowed me not to finish my private. So I go to the school and they basically started me all over. When the school year ended in April I decided to finish at home and I went home to a newer school and finished in a week. The Examiner I had was VERY shock how I was flying and the knowledge I had. But I was mad at myself because it seemed like my first flight instructor dragged everything out at Riddle.
I did enjoy it due to the fact that you are around people that love aviation. I have always wanted to be a pilot or atc since I was 5 years old and that is what I am learning now. I am majoring in Aeronautical Science with a ATC and soon to be UAV minor.
This semester I will be starting on my instrument rating. I am going to work my butt off this semester and fill out every scholarship I can get a hold of to pay for the dream school I always wanted to go to.
And o guess what....I did meet a girl....

Just sharing my experience so far.

suk:

Educational costs have risen just as other goods & services cost have risen. Riddle is not exempt. As a matter of fact, educational cost across the board have risen. I know for a fact that Univ of Miami, Univ of Florida, Univ of Cent Fla, Stetson, FAU have all raised their tuition and ancillary services rates. Gotta tell you though, I majored in Air Studies w/AOC in Air Transportation Management ('82-'87), receiving my BS degree, and my total cost attending Riddle including housing and the 15 day meal plan was less than 25K. That's right.....it cost me less than $25,000. Times have changed. Do what you can to lessen the finanicial burden/stress such as applying for scholarships and grants. If your heart is set on attending Riddle, you're gonna need all the financial assistance you can get.

As far as the women, you should be able to meet googobs of women. I met women from all over. You have Daytona, Orlando, Jacksonville, New Symrna, Sanford, Ocala, Gainesville and the list goes on and on. Don't be like ryan1234. He must be speaking from experience.

atp
thanks for the help.

O by the way... We have been dating for almost four months now and she has almost gotten her instrument rating.
Quote: thanks for the help.

O by the way... We have been dating for almost four months now and she has almost gotten her instrument rating.
Oh jeese, she's a pilot too?! sigh, much to learn you have, young one.
Quote: Beware of the riddle vision.

About the Girl I think I understand the Riddle Vision, where I went to school we would use the term "Hanger Hot." Same idea, find one in aviation try hard not to give an automatic 5 point handicap on a out of 10 scale. Hanger Hot is not to be confused with "Wayside Hot."

Wayside was a local bar....
Quote: About the Girl I think I understand the Riddle Vision, where I went to school we would use the term "Hanger Hot." Same idea, find one in aviation try hard not to give an automatic 5 point handicap on a out of 10 scale. Hanger Hot is not to be confused with "Wayside Hot."

Wayside was a local bar....
In the school of engineering (not at riddle), we've had to resort to a simple binary scale: a simple 1 or 0 will adequately describe any girl we try and discuss amongst friends.
Quote: you should ask her a couple questions:

1) does she work at molly brown's/lollipops? - if yes, there's a slight chance she's after your money
2) is she really a girl
3) does she go to Mainland H.S. ... if so check I.D.

all jokes aside... good luck!
Southturn, Pete's Pizzeria, Hooligan's, Ocean Deck.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to