Loans

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to
Loans are a neccessary evil in today's world. Although they are legal theivery by the banks. There are couple rules one must follow religiously if they use loans.

1. Never ever miss a payment.
2. An extra loan payment is more important than cable... or any other entertainment.
3. No extra loan payment is too large.
4. Have a plan to pay off the loan before you get one and stick to it.

I have used these rules to pay off more than 60k in debt over the past 6 years. Today I am completely debt free with over 30k in the bank. Now with that said I am about to borrow $64k for flight school and to complete my degree. Based on my plan I will have all but $10k paid off by September of next year and debt free by 2008. That's based on a CFI salary, making an average RJ FO salary, and some money I plan on making on the side doing small computer network & web design jobs. This is not even roughing it and living on bread and water. It can be done with a little preperation.
Quote: Loans are a neccessary evil in today's world. Although they are legal theivery by the banks. There are couple rules one must follow religiously if they use loans.

2. An extra loan payment is more important than cable... or any other entertainment.

I have used these rules to pay off more than 60k in debt over the past 6 years. Today I am completely debt free with over 30k in the bank. Now with that said I am about to borrow $64k for flight school and to complete my degree. Based on my plan I will have all but $10k paid off by September of next year and debt free by 2008. That's based on a CFI salary, making an average RJ FO salary, and some money I plan on making on the side doing small computer network & web design jobs. This is not even roughing it and living on bread and water. It can be done with a little preperation.

Right on! I agree with you. I love being debt free - been so since 1993! I don't count my mortgage or living expenses...

-LAFF
Quote: Good for you. Looks like you will be able to eat after all. Judging by your attitude I did just ASSumed that you were a total avdork,, sorry.

SkyHigh

Apology accepted and I apologize for calling you an idiot.
Quote: Um, loans? lol
Thanks for the reminder surreal. Kinda got carried away on that one.
Quote: Loans are a neccessary evil in today's world. Although they are legal theivery by the banks. There are couple rules one must follow religiously if they use loans.

Now we're talking! That is excellent. That is exactly how I plan to keep mine. I should only need around $20 K but I plan to exceed my payments. Pay alot more than the required amounts.
Quote: Thanks for the reminder surreal. Kinda got carried away on that one.
Just trying to keep everything in check considering the large amount of naysayers.
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to