SKW guys/gals - a question

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 13
Go to
Given the changes to your work rules and benefits (specifically the looming health benefit changes), would you now support and vote for union representation at Skywest?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

If the answer is yes, please state who you want representing you (ALPA, IBT, SAPA, other, etc).

-and to everybody else-

**PLEASE** keep flamebait out of this thread, thanks.
Wasn't here for the last vote. But with everything I've lost in my short time here, and am going to lose in the future, I'm a yes.

ALPA is a good start. I would prefer an in-house but I don't think we could pull that off yet. Fight one dog at a time.
Also wasn't here for the vote. Would vote a BIG yes, however, there will never be a union at SKYW. WAY too may brainwashed fools here that think this place is still the mom and pop shop it once was.
Yes to ALPA
Quote: Given the changes to your work rules and benefits (specifically the looming health benefit changes), would you now support and vote for union representation at Skywest?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

If the answer is yes, please state who you want representing you (ALPA, IBT, SAPA, other, etc).

-and to everybody else-

**PLEASE** keep flamebait out of this thread, thanks.
My answer is the same it was last time. NO

All you people who weren't here for the last vote knew that alpa wasn't coming. Why even bother coming here? There are other alpa airlines out there that you could have gone to. Some of came to skywest because we don't want a union.
No . . .
No, no, and no one more time . . . did I say no already?
Yes before and yes now. in-house would be preferred - HOWEVER...WE don't make nearly enough dough to support a healthy in-house union...A unified regional union would be ideal...just won't happen..
Quote: Yes before and yes now. in-house would be preferred - HOWEVER...WE don't make nearly enough dough to support a healthy in-house union...A unified regional union would be ideal...just won't happen..

If we could merge lists with ASA, we'd have enough dough for a healthy in-house union... YES!!!
Quote: If we could merge lists with ASA, we'd have enough dough for a healthy in-house union... YES!!!
Merging lists would be a great idea. I'm not sold on the in-house, though.
Probably not, I think a union would do more harm than good at SkyWest. When I compare my interactions with crew support, my chief pilot and payroll to that of any of my buddies at union carriers I come away thinking that I'm very lucky to both have that relationship AND not have to give somebody 2% of my paycheck. Just my .02
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 13
Go to