Online Aviation Degree?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
Does anyone have any experience with online aviation degrees? I have a Associates degree in Aviation Tech. and work as a full time CFI. I want to find a way to get a B.S. degree without quitting my flying job for 4 years. Any advice/experience?
Just finished mine from Mountain State University. Great program and the classes are very good. From my experience the Aviation department dean focuses on the Human Factors side of Aviation this is the type of training most do not get earning their certificates and/or earning a traditional Bachelors.
Utah Valley University has a good program and will give you credit for ratings and certificates held. The cost is aprox $160 a credit hour and the university is a regionally accredited (very important.)
Anybody know anything about Everglade University?
Embry Riddle has an online program too.
Quote: Embry Riddle has an online program too.
Yup, I went to one of their extended campus for undergrad and got 36 credits for having CFI certificates. Classes are once a week for 14 weeks. You can get up to 36 credits if you have 500 hours as a CFI or 1000 PIC. If you don't have it when you enroll, you can sign a MOU which states that you can't graduate unless you take 36 credits in classes or get the flight time.

I'm doing my Masters in Aeronautical Science through ERAU's online distance learning and should be done in Feb '10. I recommend the extended campus over online classes, the online stuff requires you to do a lot more work and reading compared to the extended campuses.
I got my AS in professional aeronautics in '93 thru the then "distance learning program". I'm looking into finishing my BS. I had 6-7k hours and received quite a few credits for my ratings.

Quote: Yup, I went to one of their extended campus for undergrad and got 36 credits for having CFI certificates. Classes are once a week for 14 weeks. You can get up to 36 credits if you have 500 hours as a CFI or 1000 PIC. If you don't have it when you enroll, you can sign a MOU which states that you can't graduate unless you take 36 credits in classes or get the flight time.

I'm doing my Masters in Aeronautical Science through ERAU's online distance learning and should be done in Feb '10. I recommend the extended campus over online classes, the online stuff requires you to do a lot more work and reading compared to the extended campuses.
Quote: Anybody know anything about Everglade University?
Do you really want to walk into an interview and have to say you went to Everglade U? Caveat Emptor.
Thomas Ediston State College shouldn't be discredited either. I'm finishing my degree there, and it's a decent school.
Why does it have to be an Aviation degree? I don't know of anyone that would look down upon a pilot for having a non-aviation degree. In fact, it might be towards your benefit to have something else. I always refer to my degree as my B.S. in BS. Doesn't do anything besides say I have a degree, outside that it's worthless.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to