FDX Hlth Plan

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
A quick question regarding the current Congressional Hlth Care bill and FDX. Are we considered to have a "Cadillac plan?" If so....here come the tax increases!!!!
I think it's more like a KIA.
If we don't have a cadillac plan now we will some day just due to inflation. I would worry about all the other tax increases included in the bill our ALPA PAC contributors have helped to foist on us.
Missed the introductions, but according to a union rep at the MEM hub meeting last night, whether or not the FedEx pilot health plan will be labeled as cadillac is still up in the air... especially since FedEx self insures. The rep then went on to say that if our plan is identified as cadillac, it would be the company that would be taxed. He added that it will then simply be a question of which piece of the pie will the company then try to extract it's increased cost. It's my personal belief based on the events of the past year or so that it won't be a 1 for 1 swap either. The company will come out ahead at the expense of the pilots some how regardless of what the final decision is on cadillac status.
Obama, Union Leaders Meet on Health Care Benefits Tax; 2-Hour Session Yields No Deal; Unions Predict Tax Could Provoke Rank-and-File Backlash Row 2, Seat 4
Check your email. The union just put something out that addresses this issue, including a link to contact your congressman/senators.
We're going to pay for it one way or another.
Does our copayment cover vowels so we can make it a health plan instead of hlth?
Quote: Missed the introductions, but according to a union rep at the MEM hub meeting last night, whether or not the FedEx pilot health plan will be labeled as cadillac is still up in the air... especially since FedEx self insures. The rep then went on to say that if our plan is identified as cadillac, it would be the company that would be taxed. He added that it will then simply be a question of which piece of the pie will the company then try to extract it's increased cost. It's my personal belief based on the events of the past year or so that it won't be a 1 for 1 swap either. The company will come out ahead at the expense of the pilots some how regardless of what the final decision is on cadillac status.
I find it funny as usual the misinformation already spreading like herpes.
First to the person who said we'll pay any way you look at it, I agree.
Second the current Cadillac tax proposed is supposedly for non-Union plans so I'm not sure where the said rep was getting his information. That being said it's still far from passage.
Third, FedEx is not self-insured as far as medical insurance is concerned just reference your Anthem Blue Cross information.
Quote: I find it funny as usual the misinformation already spreading like herpes.
First to the person who said we'll pay any way you look at it, I agree.
Second the current Cadillac tax proposed is supposedly for non-Union plans so I'm not sure where the said rep was getting his information. That being said it's still far from passage.
Third, FedEx is not self-insured as far as medical insurance is concerned just reference your Anthem Blue Cross information.
Wow - ironic here as you are spreading the bad misinformation (is that even a word?) - do you have herpes then?

1. Fedex is self-insured - we use Anthem as a processor. Most big companies of our size are self insured. Reference the email from the union about this today where they use the term "self-insured"
2. The current plan does affect Union plans. Big Union guys are trying to get Unions exempt, but for now it does include them.

For the other posts - even if Fedex went to outside insurance we are nowhere near $23,000- we can ask our MEC Chair (former R&I chair) what the costing model was used for health benefits in CBA 2006 but I imagine it was under $10000 per pilot. Even the most expensive monthly premiums added to that put it way under $23000 but if it is not indexed then at some point our insurance could possibly fit the definition of a cadillac plan.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to