Great Lakes Hiring?

Subscribe
22  28  29  30  31  32  33  34 
Page 32 of 34
Go to
Quote: No pay during training AND $16 an hour after that. WHY in the world would you come here when Eagle is hiring 100's of pilots this year and their pay is WAY more than this? (I realize even Eagle's pay should be much higher, but it is what it is).
I used to scoff at the idea of ever going to GLA for all the reasons listed above. Not to speak poorly of them, it just wouldnt work for me with the money.

Yet you say it as if we had a choice between them. I have almost 1000 hours but only 50 hours ME with no hope of any in the future. GLA will take me with those times, eagle will not. What used to be something I never would have considered, I am at least giving a second glance. Although if Eagle's ME mins come down to say 75, I would rather pony up the few grand (2 or 3 if done right) to get me to 75 ME than go to GLA (again, not disrespecting them).
Anyone here anything that interveiwed march 18?
I never thought I would consider it either. I have flirted with it over the past couple of years. 22 hours of primary instruction a week is starting to grow on me. The pay is amazing but I'm now complaining in my head about teaching people how to taxi properly, last year was trim, the year before straight/level. I've reached instructor burn out. I'm in the same boat as above. 2600 total time, 2450 PIC, 2000 dual given, 50 multi. Luckily my wife is over in Afghanistan right now. When we comes home in December 2011 if GLA is hiring I'm making the jump so I can build up my operational experience. From her salary this year we'll be debt free. Does that make the pay scale correct. Yes and no. Depends on which side of the fence you are standing on.
I sent a resume to GLA, as I too am getting the itch to go do something else.
No pay during training is just embarrassing. I don't know how people that go to GLA can make it with no pay for 2 months.
Does Lakes employ their own agents at the outstations? Dropped a friend off for a flight on Lakes today and was blown away at the rudeness and downright idiocy of one of their agents.
Quote: No pay during training is just embarrassing. I don't know how people that go to GLA can make it with no pay for 2 months.
Not to mention they ask for a contract for $7500. I would love to challenge them to this contract if I brook the agreement.
Quote: Does Lakes employ their own agents at the outstations? Dropped a friend off for a flight on Lakes today and was blown away at the rudeness and downright idiocy of one of their agents.
They/we do. There is a large gap between the quality of people we have. But for part time minimum wage, its hard to attract and keep the ones that do a good job. Every station is unique, and some are better than others. To be fair, we do have some outstanding ones as well.
Quote: No pay during training is just embarrassing. I don't know how people that go to GLA can make it with no pay for 2 months.
Money management and having a savings to cover your living expenses and bills over a 6 month period.
Quote: Not to mention they ask for a contract for $7500. I would love to challenge them to this contract if I brook the agreement.
You can talk to one of the gentleman I currently work with. He volunteered to leave after 14 months so the new hire class wouldn't have to furlough. Because he didn't finish the final month to his contract he owed the $7500. Lost his house and car having to pay it back.
22  28  29  30  31  32  33  34 
Page 32 of 34
Go to