Landing in Narita

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: If you are referring to the auto-ground spoilers, yes they did deploy
you say potato, I say potato....

I was referring to that lever to the left of the throttles that say "SPEED BRAKES" and the EICAS that announces "Speedbrakes Armed", although if I asked a ground instructor I'd bet that "auto-ground spoilers" is the correct nomenclature.

It looked like there was wt. on both mains at :16 seconds and only asymmetric ground spoilers until about :25 seconds. That seemed a little long for auto extension, thus the comment.

Whatever the reason, it seemed to be a challenging maneuver at some level.
There was no wind there. Just a very bad landing performed by a 300 hour KAL intern. The bad landing was aggravated by too much up elevator causing the airplane to bounce again and bank to the left.
Couple of sumo wrestlers on board, fighting over a snack.
So Tommy, tell me, have you ever seen a grown man naked? You wanna land the airplane when we get to Narita??
fbh
I've seen landings like this

In a c172....
Quote: There was no wind there. Just a very bad landing performed by a 300 hour KAL intern. The bad landing was aggravated by too much up elevator causing the airplane to bounce again and bank to the left.
I agree with this assessment.
Quote: Couple of sumo wrestlers on board, fighting over a snack.
Or two airline pilots fighting over a penny, a free USAToday, or anything free/cheap for that matter!
Quote: Couple of sumo wrestlers on board, fighting over a snack.
I didn't know sumo wrestlers ate "snacks" ... !

Quote: There was no wind there. Just a very bad landing performed by a 300 hour KAL intern. The bad landing was aggravated by too much up elevator causing the airplane to bounce again and bank to the left.
Ive worked for 2 outfits that would not even allow us to DHD on KAL... for just this reason. Now I work for a company that was loaded with the 200 - 300 hour wonders... but not to worry they are all seasoned 1500hr guys now
I'm sure our crews can handle it with all the sim time there getting and minimum real landings. After all what could go wrong its not an MD-11......
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to