Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
656  1156  1556  1606  1646  1652  1653  1654  1655  1656  1657  1658  1659  1660  1666  1706  1756 
Page 1656 of 2045
Go to
Quote: Ok, thanks, I was under the impression it was 18. So if you're lucky you might be able to fly into base on the same night you're supposed to leave and fly out the same day you arrive back home after your 17 days which means you'll only be away from home for 17 days, maybe 18 a month.
Understand that when that happens it's a miserable day. So I've been based in MIA and HSV where at times I've done that and the way it goes down is that I get up at 3AM for a 6AM flight out of my Gateway. I land at my base around 11AM and get 10 hours of rest for a 9PM wakeup. I usually get a 2-4 hour nap. I'm generally pretty tired at wakeup and now have to go to work for 12-16 hours. When I get where I'm going I'm pretty tired. At times it's a lose/lose situation. It does get you an extra night at home though and with a small child right now it's sometimes well worth it.
Quote: wouldn't a true Kalitta + $1 contract include home basing and a 16 day schedule? or is home basing not a contractual issue?
We're tying to get better than that on the work rules but management has told our negotiating committee that we allegedly don't care about work rules. We only care about the rates...

To me 15 days with Home basing is fair or just scrap Gateway for a true Industry Standard Contract that would be closer to what a FedEx or UPS has. Management and the Union are very far apart on what current expectations are for our new contract and it's one reason that we're no where near a resolution.
Quote: No, I'm not proposing anything I'm just trying to understand the differences in schedules and from what I've learned it seemed like Kalitta had a pretty good one in comparison so I was wondering if Atlas was pushing for something similar.
Atlas has not proposed anything as far as we know. Unless you call "we want to get rid of gateway" a proposal.
somebody above said Kalitta is a 17 day schedule it is not.. its 16.. travel to work is usually after 20z on your last off day.. but many times its not until your first work day.. just depends. RARELY.. twice in 6 1/2 years I have gotten home late. IF you guys are going to make comparisons.. at least use the correct ones.
Quote: Atlas has not proposed anything as far as we know. Unless you call "we want to get rid of gateway" a proposal.
I'm hardly familiar with what is going on at Atlas but that seems like a negotiation tactic to me and I doubt they intend on taking away gateway but they want you to think they'll try.
Quote: I'm hardly familiar with what is going on at Atlas but that seems like a negotiation tactic to me and I doubt they intend on taking away gateway but they want you to think they'll try.
It's definitely a tactic- I think gateway is great, however there would be extreme difficulties for guys getting to ANC. I could see a carve out for the lower 48 guys, and gateway for any ANC guys.

Of course, nothing is given away free. So, I'd would expect to have higher rates if I have to Jumpseat offline to work.
Quote: Ok, thanks, I was under the impression it was 18. So if you're lucky you might be able to fly into base on the same night you're supposed to leave and fly out the same day you arrive back home after your 17 days which means you'll only be away from home for 17 days, maybe 18 a month.
No, you'll leave your house in the morning if you have a nighttime departure. If you're working a day flight you'll leave the day before. Company will want to show you in rest prior to your flight and sometimes pushes for backup flight. I'm lucky there are many flights to ORD from my house and it's only a 2.5 hour flight. I normally depart my house about 15 hours prior to my flight. Basically I lose 3/4 of day before my trip and 1/4 after. Again, all dependent on your base and where you live.

As pointed out, we have nothing for a commuter clause. And we really don't have much of a network to jumpseat on, unlike FedEx or UPS.
Atlas F/O
Hi. Yesterday I received a phone call from HR for phone interview and was invited for screening in MIA by March.
I have a few questions.. please..
What is the net income per month for a new F/O? Approx.. with all other incomes included.
How many days off per month?
How does a regular roster look like, from base?
What bases are available for new entries?
Thanks!!
Quote: Hi. Yesterday I received a phone call from HR for phone interview and was invited for screening in MIA by March.
I have a few questions.. please..
What is the net income per month for a new F/O? Approx.. with all other incomes included.
How many days off per month?
How does a regular roster look like, from base?
What bases are available for new entries?
Thanks!!
There are over 16000 posts in this thread, but all of your questions have been answered several times over within the last 500. Grab a cup of coffee and skip back a few pages.
Quote: There are over 16000 posts in this thread, but all of your questions have been answered several times over within the last 500. Grab a cup of coffee and skip back a few pages.
Or.... you could his questions and save him time and be a helpful person, instead of a richard.
656  1156  1556  1606  1646  1652  1653  1654  1655  1656  1657  1658  1659  1660  1666  1706  1756 
Page 1656 of 2045
Go to