Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
129  179  219  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  239  279  329  729  1229 
Page 229 of 2045
Go to
Quote: Atlas Air Worldwide Places Two New Boeing 747-8F Aircraft with Panalpina

Atlas Air Worldwide Places Two New Boeing 747-8F Aircraft with Panalpina - Yahoo! Finance

In the article it states that Panalpina was the second customer, who was the first?
I found this in a press release:

"Atlas Air has 12 747-8Fs on order, and has said previously it hoped to receive the first three in the fourth quarter of this year. The three aircraft will be operated by British Airways World Cargo under a five-year wet-lease agreement."
Quote: Called for an Oct. 10th, B-767 class. Gratefully accepted. Interviewed 2/15

Congrats!! Good to hear some of us old guys are getting on! I'm from March and just getting used to treading all of this water! Did you call or email anyone or did they just call out of the blue? I debating on whether or not to contact someone....
I'm still swimming from the Feb group as well.
Quote: Called for an Oct. 10th, B-767 class. Gratefully accepted. Interviewed 2/15
Congrats! Winter in Miami. Well played sir.
Quote: I found this in a press release:

"Atlas Air has 12 747-8Fs on order, and has said previously it hoped to receive the first three in the fourth quarter of this year. The three aircraft will be operated by British Airways World Cargo under a five-year wet-lease agreement."
Key phrase in that statement is "operated by British Airways World Cargo"...most of you by now know that the BAWC contract that Atlas holds is operated by Global Supply Systems, 49% of which is owned by AAWW (Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings)...

and most importantly for us drivers is that the GSS pilots are NOT on our seniority list...just FYI, in case you didn't know.
From the release:

"Under this multi-year aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance (ACMI) outsourcing contract, Panalpina – a longtime customer – will benefit from leading-edge technology. The new-production aircraft, to be operated by Atlas Air, Inc., are scheduled to be delivered in the first half of 2012 and will enter service for Panalpina upon delivery."

And,

"The aircraft will enter service in the first half of 2012 and operate in Panalpina’s unique own controlled air freight network, replacing the two current Boeing 747-400F. "

Panalpina spearheads air freight innovation by upgrading to latest generation Boeing 747-8 cargo aircraft
Have they announced who rest of the 747-8s will be flying for yet? So it's possible that only a few of these aircraft will be flown by Atlas crew?
Quote: Have they announced who rest of the 747-8s will be flying for yet? So it's possible that only a few of these aircraft will be flown by Atlas crew?
Just the five have been announced. Three for GSS and the two for Panalpina. Not bad, 5 of the 12 already signed up. We have known about the GSS planes for months, and two or three of their -400's will come to Atlas to operate.
Class confirmation for Sept 19 received today, will be going to Miami Sunday the 18, see ya all in Miami.
interview
just interviewed 13 of us today, 15 Sept. Intense!
129  179  219  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  232  233  239  279  329  729  1229 
Page 229 of 2045
Go to