Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
400  800  850  890  896  897  898  899  900  901  902  903  904  910  950  1000  1400  1900 
Page 900 of 2044
Go to
Quote: I'd suit up...

You are putting yourself on display under the microscope, while they (in NY) already have the job, YOU are the one looking for the job.

Even though there are no "tricks or hidden agendas" in regards to interpreting the business casual statement (in the past) you are still the one on show...

Best foot forward, go and get it!
I'd have to agree. In the past the instructions "business casual" were clearly stated in the introductory letter. If that phrase is no longer there it's definitely best to let discretion be the better part of valor.
Quote: I'd suit up...

You are putting yourself on display under the microscope, while they (in NY) already have the job, YOU are the one looking for the job.

Even though there are no "tricks or hidden agendas" in regards to interpreting the business casual statement (in the past) you are still the one on show...

Best foot forward, go and get it!
I am a old, retired guy but I would wear a suit to interview for a 7-11 clerk position.
Another bonus side note to wearing your Sunday best is the human factors part of the equation.

Studies have shown that you WILL be on another level sitting there knowing you are looking the pro. In pure automation you will be on guard and not be in relaxed mode, even if the tone goes to the casual side of the house.

Trivia, but studies also show that pilots in uniform/business attire will perform better under stress than casually dressed individuals.

Case in point. We train in business casual, but even though there is no stipulated dress code for the rating ride, everyone shows up in a shirt and tie.
8 type ratings and many recurrents, I have never worn a suit or tie for a checkride...I would rather spend my time preparing for the ride than worried about what I was going to wear. Never showed up looking like a slob, just no suit and tie.
Quote: 8 type ratings and many recurrents, I have never worn a suit or tie for a checkride...I would rather spend my time preparing for the ride than worried about what I was going to wear. Never showed up looking like a slob, just no suit and tie.
Check ride sure. You have the job. Interview is something else. First impressions should not be discounted. Having done employment interviews for a major airline, I can assure you appearance makes a difference.
Tie is required wear during the type ride. Tie is part of the uniform. So what's the problem with wearing your tie and putting on your best face? You don't get a second shot with first impressions.
All I'm getting at is enhancing your performance by up-dressing versus the relaxed option.

Self perception being your friend and ally.
A buddy just took the online test is there a way to check if you have passed the assessment?
Quote: A buddy just took the online test is there a way to check if you have passed the assessment?
Have him log in the same way he did for the test. It should show Master Score "P" or something like that.
Quote: Case in point. We train in business casual, but even though there is no stipulated dress code for the rating ride, everyone shows up in a shirt and tie.
It's a silly policy.
400  800  850  890  896  897  898  899  900  901  902  903  904  910  950  1000  1400  1900 
Page 900 of 2044
Go to