King Air time?

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to
Quote: 135 IFR requires 2 pilots unless otherwise stated in the carrier's opspecs. I don't think there is a problem with logging time in which you are legally required to function as a crewmember.
It is worth mentioning that if you're going to log time as an SIC under Part 135, you need current training and 135 checkride. . . .
Quote: 135 IFR requires 2 pilots unless otherwise stated in the carrier's opspecs. I don't think there is a problem with logging time in which you are legally required to function as a crewmember.
This is not entirely true. If the airplane has a functioning autopilot, and the Captain has been trained in "autopilot in lieu of SIC" then the second pilot is no longer required.

I log everything as SIC at my job thanks to OPSPECS and a required checkride. I do however have a seperate column in my logbook for Part 91 PIC time. According to the FAA if i am sole manipulator of the controls, I can log it as PIC time. So the captains are pretty good at letting us fly all the 91 legs.

I know 135 guys will say that if you dont sign for teh plane you cant log it, but there is a difference in "Acting" as PIC and logging PIC...
Quote: Haha. lighten up guys. I have been blessed. It hasn't been too long ago when I would have given my left arm for right seat king air time. That's why I try to help out and encourage everyone I can instead of pushing them down.

To answer your question: I started working for my company flying a Cherokee with around 500 hours. The owner had plans of learning to fly it himself and use it for business use. What happened instead was he used it as a business aircraft and never got around to finishing his lessons. I ended up flying it all around the SE; it was evident we needed a larger airplane. We soon upgraded to a Baron and flew the wings off it as well. Before I knew it the owner was looking at King Airs. We ended up buying an 81 C90 (great airplane). At this point I had under 1000 hours, 300 me, and 0 turbine. My owner was very aware that I didn't have the experience most King Air PICs have, but by this time he had a lot of trust in me and didn't want anyone else flying him around. So I went back to Simcom, flew 25 hours dual with a high time King Air guy, and off I went.

Now that I've answered your question I'll tell you this. This is my career. Nobody "allows" me to do my job; they pay me to perform a service and I do it to the best of my ability.
Well played
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to