Companies hiring pilots with 500 TT

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to
Just my .02 but I would leave flying skydivers as the very last resort in your arsenal for building time. Most DZs could care less about you as a pilot. Speaking from experience here. Anyway, good luck and I would say get you CFII and MEI. Best time out there if you can get it.
Quote: Yes the Pay and benefits are decent, If you consider Tricare and Vitamin M a good medical plan. Granted those on flying status do get better treatment than those of us who arent.

As many have said around the forums the Military is not a place to go to build time for a potential airline career. You will be a military officer and leader first, pilot second, family man after (if you have a family).

I have the privleage of working with many different pilots of all sorts of airframes. The economy is hitting us in the military as well. Heavy pilots are being beaten down, used and abused so to speak with no real relief insight. The aicraft are feeling it too. About the only airframes on the active duty side that arent beaten down are some of the fighters. I cant speak for the guard/reserves. Might be another option there

There are Pro's and Con's to each avenue. I can give reasons all day why the military should not be an option. But being in the military I have also had oppurtunities to see certain things first hand. Grass is always greener.

Keep your options open and enjoy whatever path you choose. Dont live life with regrets. Just make sure you do you homework no matter what option you pick
I was speaking first hand from a single seat fighter POV...

As for Tricare, they haven't disappointed yet. Emergency room visits, surgery's, wifes care, etc. In 10 years I haven't spent a dime.
I currently reside in Green Lake, WI which is an hour or so NNE of Madison. However, I am willing to relocate for any job where I can build some hours.
Be careful about moving for a job. A lot of operators say they are growing by leaps and bounds. Most are having trouble paying the bills. I recently got shorted a months pay by one. I ended up with another job that paid better just because of dumb luck. That is the only reason I am still able to pay the bills. Network where you are. The cost is a lot lower and you know the area. I use to study at the airport and shake hands with anyone that walked in the door. That resulted in some PA32R301 time and SR22 that I wouldn't have had any other way. It also got me a couple instrument and commercial students.
Quote: ya i applied there the other night.waiting to hear back.

If you do that, you'll never get hired. Call them, persue them. Make it know you want to work there.
I noticed a job posting on Climbto350 the other day for Pacific Wings hiring FOs in Caravans with 300-1100 hours. I have heard less than great things about that company, but I guess if you need to build hours you have to pay your dues. The job description sounds like in addition to the SIC you are also a ramper, agent, fueler, baggage loader, etc... Just thought I would put it out there for people who are looking for a job.
Quote: I noticed a job posting on Climbto350 the other day for Pacific Wings hiring FOs in Caravans with 300-1100 hours. I have heard less than great things about that company, but I guess if you need to build hours you have to pay your dues. The job description sounds like in addition to the SIC you are also a ramper, agent, fueler, baggage loader, etc... Just thought I would put it out there for people who are looking for a job.
Do you have any contact info for submitting resumes?
be careful, i had a buddies that worked there
AT WILL EMPLOYER they can fire you "just cuz"
Pacific Wings and Georgia Skies are run by the same outfit and they are both known for their poor treatment of pilots. At least a year ago when the last round of complaints was made, and there have been several, they seemed to have the attitude that pilots are expendable. Those threads can be located using the search window at the upper left.

thread 1

thread 2
Most companies want a higher level of experience but try the regionals.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to