Do I have enough time for NJ or CS?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Corp. flight departments have very high mins. I had to have 4000TT just to be insured for the contract flying I do on the side.

Like mentioned before, 2500 hours is a hard min at Netjets. I was also under the impression that it was a .2 addition per sortie, not a multiplication of TT. I added .3 per sortie and the didn't have any heartburn about it.

It's tough being a fighter guy in the civilian flying market nowadays. Lots of highly experienced guys are out on their ass. I felt pretty fortunate to have things work out the way they did. It also helps to know someone.
I spoke with NetJets and told me to multiply my military flight times by 1.3 . With that multiplier, you still have to have 2500 TT.
Quote: wrong......
Ok then what say you ???

Explain.
Do any of you guys at Net Jets know how they view helicopter time in respect to total time? They state 500 multiengine airplane, so I know that's a hard min. I know some operators honor some or all rotortime, while some do not. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
So for military time is it total time multiplied by 1.3 must equal 2500? Or are they doing the add .3 per sortie? I can't find a definitive answer on the subject.

P
How long does one have to wait for the application to show up after emailing the resume? Would it be better to fax or mail it instead?

Anyone want to add how long they waited to get their application and then how long to interview? Thanks.

XtremeF150
P-Funk

NetJets is 1.2 times total time... not 1.3, and not .3 per sortie. I found this out by filling out the resume and sending it off, even though I didn't have the mins. I got an autogenerated reply email, with that info.

Good luck

If you get a job, don't foget about us littler people in the future!
Silly question, but...Can you use that same multiplier of 1.2 with your PIC time?
From Netjets:

"Military Pilots may apply a 1.2 conversion factor to total military time
(TT * 1.2) to meet the 2500 minimum."

So no you cannot apply the 1.2 to your PIC. There is no minimum PIC requirement, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.
Ok thought I would throw out an update. I received the application about 2 weeks after I emailed the resume. It took about a week to get the information together and then I sent it Fed Ex on Wednesday...which was 11-8. So hopefully I will hear something about the interview in the coming weeks..or months

XtremeF150
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to