Working at Delta Private Jets

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 20
Go to
Do yourself a favor and forget about DPJ. I was able to escape and find a good career job. My contacts tell me that 20 -22 days on the road is average right now. The place is run by incompetents and senior management is a joke, the Puddle Pirate and JS are ruining the place. Many have not heeded my dire warnings and they rue the day that they joined DPJ. They have training contracts that will run 4 years for initial and recurrent and they will come after you if you leave, which you will want to do after your second day there. The pay system is FUBAR and JS keeps a plane in Kinston for his own private use and the pilots sit in the crew house for days not earning pay.
RUN FOREST RUN

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Quote: Do yourself a favor and forget about DPJ. I was able to escape and find a good career job. My contacts tell me that 20 -22 days on the road is average right now. The place is run by incompetents and senior management is a joke, the Puddle Pirate and JS are ruining the place. Many have not heeded my dire warnings and they rue the day that they joined DPJ. They have training contracts that will run 4 years for initial and recurrent and they will come after you if you leave, which you will want to do after your second day there. The pay system is FUBAR and JS keeps a plane in Kinston for his own private use and the pilots sit in the crew house for days not earning pay.
RUN FOREST RUN

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Could any DPJ guys comment on DPJ aircraft exceeding a MGTOW of 65,000 lbs? I'm not familiar with business jets, but it came to Delta pilots attention that a few jets exceeding that weight were being operated by DPJ's, & that is a violation of our Scope. A grievance was filed, & we were told we won. But that is all we were told.

Is DPJ's still operating any jets that exceed a MGTOW of 65,000 lbs?
Quote: Could any DPJ guys comment on DPJ aircraft exceeding a MGTOW of 65,000 lbs? I'm not familiar with business jets, but it came to Delta pilots attention that a few jets exceeding that weight were being operated by DPJ's, & that is a violation of our Scope. A grievance was filed, & we were told we won. But that is all we were told.

Is DPJ's still operating any jets that exceed a MGTOW of 65,000 lbs?
Just a question, but how is this a violation? It's a totally separate business model and could not be used to steal flying away from the DAL pilots.
If Wikipedia is to believed (I know, I know), DPJ operates Gulfstreams and 7Xs, which would have MGTOWs of greater than 65K. That said, I can think of better battles to fight. When a business jet goes up in weight, passenger capacity doesn't tend to scale much with it - just comfort.
Thanks baybum, thats all i needed to know!!

JG
Quote: Just a question, but how is this a violation? It's a totally separate business model and could not be used to steal flying away from the DAL pilots.
It's a violation because our contract does not allow it. Any aircraft configured to 50 seats or less may NOT exceed a MGTOW of 65,000 lbs. DPJ's is owned by Delta, & someone can buy a ticket from Delta & fly on both Delta mainline and DPJ on the same locator. Those business jets are capable of WB distances. If Delta wants to help those customers get somewhere a WB can go, then they need to put them on a wide body.
Quote: If Wikipedia is to believed (I know, I know), DPJ operates Gulfstreams and 7Xs, which would have MGTOWs of greater than 65K. That said, I can think of better battles to fight. When a business jet goes up in weight, passenger capacity doesn't tend to scale much with it - just comfort.
I agree, but I want them ALL fought.
Quote: It's a violation because our contract does not allow it. Any aircraft configured to 50 seats or less may NOT exceed a MGTOW of 65,000 lbs. DPJ's is owned by Delta, & someone can buy a ticket from Delta & fly on both Delta mainline and DPJ on the same locator. Those business jets are capable of WB distances. If Delta wants to help those customers get somewhere a WB can go, then they need to put them on a wide body.
Or flown by Delta pilots ;-)
First let me say I'm a huge Deltoid (my father worked at Tech-ops for 32 years, I can remember the Delta family fun fair every fall and the dwarf house is a food group at my house) however, the customers at DPJ who are footing the bill for these Bizjet trips would be flying privately regardless of who is operating the aircraft. To them, flying privately and annonimously is paramount. However, when the time comes that for whatever reason, the airline ticket must be purchased, they are buying first class and more often than not it is an ultra long range trip...on a widebody...
Quote: Those business jets are capable of WB distances. If Delta wants to help those customers get somewhere a WB can go, then they need to put them on a wide body.
Its taken me since this post was made until now to stop laughing hard enough to type...

I'm pretty sure anybody who can afford $6000/hr+ for a large cabin bizjet charter to travel where they want, when they want, isn't going to be terribly interested in dealing with a TSA checkpoint to ride a Delta widebody somewhere.
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 20
Go to